Trusted Contributor

Emjoi eMagine 72-tweezer Epilator

Wow. Just wow. What a fantastic purchase!

I bought a similar unit years ago and it didn't do a job any where close to this one! I used it on my face last night and you should see the difference. It removed hairs that I didn't even realize I had on my face.

I highly recommend this machine.

Can't wait to use it on my underarms and legs.

Super Contributor

Re: Emjoi eMagine 72-tweezer Epilator

I have the Emjoi eRace and I think they may be similar. Just amazing little devices!!!

Honored Contributor

I gave this serious consideration but I'm worried about the pain factor. I had an epilator years ago and attempted to use it on my legs. I don't think I lasted a minute before I had to stop, it was so painful for me.

How bad is this unit?

Trusted Contributor

On 8/20/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I gave this serious consideration but I'm worried about the pain factor. I had an epilator years ago and attempted to use it on my legs. I don't think I lasted a minute before I had to stop, it was so painful for me.

How bad is this unit?

Everyone's pain threshold is different. I don't consider it painful. All you feel is prickliness as the hairs are being removed.

Super Contributor

I've used the eRace for 8 months (was a TSV in December). I don't care for it, its very uncomfortable. Even holding the skin taut it is prickly and like needles. The hair never goes away like they said. It's too painful on the bikini line.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the eMagine last year & liked it but the smaller eRase came out soon after. I got it to compare & decided to keep the eRase.

The smaller size of the eRase glides over my small curvy places - especially upper lip, chin, etc. - better than the larger eMagine does. The eRase gets the hair in those places better. I was surprised because I really thought the larger model would automatically be better.

I did not have anything that could be called pain with either model. It is just tweezing multiple hairs at once. You can feel it but it does become less noticeable over time.

Honored Contributor

Epilators do not cause hair to stop growing back. Some people experience less hair regrowth but it is not a selling point because it is not something that happens with most people.

Super Contributor

I have had the eMagine since it was a TSV and wouldn't be without it. I had a lot of peach fuzz on my cheeks as well as hairs on my upper lip. It gets them all. I use it on high - works faster. At the beginning I had a prickly sensation - like tweezing, but I have had pain a whole lot worse than that so I don't even count it as pain. I realize everyone's pain tolerance is different.

It may not kill all the hair follicles, but my personal experience is I have less hair and what I have is finer and grow slower so I can go longer between sessions. It takes 3-4 min to do my face and I'm done for 2 weeks now.

Honored Contributor

Okiebug, I find I get the best results on my face by going over it once with high (supposed to get coarse hairs best) and once with low (said to be best for peach fuzz). I have lots of peach fuzz on my face, too.

Honored Contributor

I have not noticed any less hair on my face. In order to keep my face nice and smooth I need to epilate every day. It is time consuming but I could never get all the peach fuzz with tweezers & shaving and depilatories where too hard on my skin.