Respected Contributor

Exquisite Oil Strength Treament by Matrix

Smells like a perfume not like a hair product but does not linger after hair dries. Does not make hair oily even if you overdue it

"ExquisiteOil Strengthening Treatment is formulated with Polynesian Tamanu Oil for a ultra lightweight, scented oil that strenghtens thin, fragile hair."

/></p>

Frequent Contributor

thanks I have very curly hair and am always looking for a new oil to leave in. Lately, I have been using Josie Maran argan oil or balm on the ends before I put in my gel. I use wen oil sometimes too but that can get oily and greasy looking if you are not careful. Another one I loved was called Holistix argan oil hair, it smelled amazing and I could use it on wet or dry hair.

Honored Contributor

I'm always cautious of hair oils where the first ingredients are silicones. The Strengthening version doesn't look like it has a lot of oil in it. Ulta carries these product and here are the ingredient lists from their site:

Strengthening:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Alcohol Denat., Parfum / Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Linalool.

Softening:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum / Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract.

Protective:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum / Fragrance, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

I'm glad you found something you like and that works for you and think you should keep using it. I just don't like products that advertise themselves as oils when they're mostly a lot of other things.

Respected Contributor
On 8/20/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I'm always cautious of hair oils where the first ingredients are silicones. The Strengthening version doesn't look like it has a lot of oil in it. Ulta carries these product and here are the ingredient lists from their site:

Strengthening:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Alcohol Denat., Parfum / Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Linalool.

Softening:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum / Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract.

Protective:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum / Fragrance, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

I'm glad you found something you like and that works for you and think you should keep using it. I just don't like products that advertise themselves as oils when they're mostly a lot of other things.

Well they call it "exquisite oil" because it is part of a shampoo line with the same title. The shampoo is really good

Trusted Contributor
On 8/20/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Strengthening:

Softening:

Protective:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

Regardless of ingredients this stuff works really good

Esteemed Contributor

Silicones usually do.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I love silicones. done nothing bad to my hair