Respected Contributor

Can we talk HOT FLASHES? These are new to me :(

and I'm about done with them already.

Just started noticing them about a month ago, right now I get about 2-3 a day and I go into a full on sweat, SOAKED - it's awful, my last one was today in a meeting, I HAD to excuse myself, could not sit there with my shirt soaked any longer, bra wet, they are crazy.

What has helped you with these? anything? Please tell me there is hope?

Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk HOT FLASHES? These are new to me :(

There was a coupon in Sunday's paper for I Cool supplement found in drugstores, made from the plant, Genisteen. I was one of the very lucky ones never to get hot flashes.

Respected Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Shelbelle said:

There was a coupon in Sunday's paper for I Cool supplement found in drugstores, made from the plant, Genisteen. I was one of the very lucky ones never to get hot flashes.

OMG I thought I was going to be one of those lucky ones but these came on like over night. I used to run cold, ALWAYS cold and now I can't get cool to save my life!!

I'll look up Genisteen!!! Thanks {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I just looked, I think this has soy in it, I have breast cancer history in my family and my Dr. advised me at one time to try and stay away from all soy...

Honored Contributor

Check out SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATURALS.

Do a search for the company above on Amazon & settle down to read many, many rave reviews about how their products put an end to all sorts of symptoms.

I use SMN paraben-free estriol & progesterone creams as well as their DIM supplement. horrible hot flashes are one of the SMN products took care of for me.</>

I am a very happy repeat customer. They have excellent CS, too.

Respected Contributor

On 8/19/2014 willdob3 said:

Check out SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATURALS.

Do a search for the company above on Amazon & settle down to read many, many rave reviews about how their products put an end to all sorts of symptoms.

I use SMN paraben-free estriol & progesterone creams as well as their DIM supplement. I am a very happy repeat customer. They have excellent CS, too.

I WILL DO THAT!!!! I do use progesterone cream on non mensuration days. I've heard good things about DIM in the past. I'll check them out. THANKS willdob3!!

Honored Contributor

I think most of the OTC supplements for hot flashes and meno symptoms are going to contain some type of soy derived ingredients, what about black cohosh? Estroven? Remifemin?

Honored Contributor

I only get them in my face for some reason. Not that it's better, especially when I have makeup on!

Valued Contributor

I'm very sorry for you! I had flashes so terrible... I was about 45 when mine began, about every few minutes. I was already a very avid exerciser, not over weight, ate very healthy, little sugar/carbs, etc. I had to have my ovaries removed shortly after meno @ 49 and they became unbearable, I would have anxiety attacks lasting all day, had to go on bio-hormones. I suffered horribly for years and finally had some relief. I'm still on a very low dose of hormones. I have some bone loss so my doctor and I decided for my issues for now, I'm staying on the low! Good luck, most people do well with natural other choices.

Contributor

Sandgirl, as a breast cancer survivor I am still on an aromatase inhibitor (blocks estrogen) so I sympathize with you and your sudden onslaught of "tropical vacations". I, too, have to stay away from all over the counter relief products, especially those with soy. My dr. prescribes the lowest dose of Effexor (or generic) available. It is an anti-depressant with the side effect of minimizing hot flashes. Even though I do still have some hot flashes they are not anywhere close to as bad as they were.

Honored Contributor

Try to stay as cool as you can. Wear the coolest clothing you can too. Some people have them way worse than others. Mine haven't been horrible but I do have them.