Valued Contributor

JM TSV - tinted moisturizer shade....

I received the TSV last week (pre-ordered). I had not opened it as I just assumed everything would be OK and I have a bottle of argan oi & Argan milk that l I am currently using. Well, after seeing a few comments about the shade of the tinited moisturizer, I opened mine today. Wow -- it is highly pigmented. I have yellow undertones and the tinted moisturizer looks pink on my skin -- and also when I opened the container. I was hoping it would blend and look better when applied. NOT! Her previous tinted moisturizer was so neutral and I really liked it. This TSV might be going back! Guess I should have waited for the demo when the TSV will be presented on air. Hope others will have better luck! Also, Argan Infinity Creamy Oil is a nice shade, but has absolutely no lasting power.

Super Contributor

Re: JM TSV - tinted moisturizer shade....

I'm sorry it's not working for you. I have light neutral skin and I don't notice any color after I apply it.

Super Contributor

It's so weird how it reacts so differently on different people, some say it looks really orange, some say it doesn't show up at all! Sounds like a good reason to wait until the presentation for me.

Respected Contributor

I loved her last one too, went thru 2 maybe 3 bottles and LOVED it, was so sad when It was gone. I was VERY excited to see it back and now disappointed she added more pigment and it just doesn't blend the same or look/feel the same on my skin...at all!!

Valued Contributor

Sandgirl -- You are right -- it doesn't even feel the same on my skin! Really wanted it to work...

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Sandgirl said:

I loved her last one too, went thru 2 maybe 3 bottles and LOVED it, was so sad when It was gone. I was VERY excited to see it back and now disappointed she added more pigment and it just doesn't blend the same or look/feel the same on my skin...at all!!

Hmmm... mine looks, feels, smells and blends the same way as my old bottle did. The older version oxidized and turned orange on me and I wound up not using it. I've been using powder over this and it doesn't turn so orange, but I'm still waiting to decide because I think it's still a touch too dark for me and right now it's summer. Come winter, this won't work.

For the price I paid, it's still a HUGE value for the Argan Milk, Argan Oil, and Lip/Cheek Tint, so I'll keep up my AD order even if I can't user the tinted moisturizer. I love the Argan Milk and argan oil. I'm considering buying some of the non-tinted SPF to mix with the TM to see if that brings the color down some for me. If so, I'll continue to use it. If not, I'll keep the rest of the sets and sell the new TMs on ebay when they arrive.

Honored Contributor

JM's shades are horrible. I am fair/light. The fair was so yellow and the light was way too orange on me. She really needs to tweak her shades. It's too bad because when she made the change (shade wise) about a year ago I thought they would be nice.

kindness is strength
Contributor

I hated it. I didn't realize it was tinted until I read about that on this board. But by then it was too late and it had already shipped. Anyway, I was hoping it wouldn't look bad but I hated the color I turned. I use her regular untinted SPF 47 and really love that.
WOMEN ARE NOT MEN'S PROPERTY!
Super Contributor

Too bad that there is no way to sell that to someone here. I know I wanted the tinted SPF but nothing else. I am on the other AD for the Oil and SPF untinted.

Respected Contributor

It really must be reacting differently to our various skin types and tones because I LOVE the tinted moisturizer. It was the one product in the TSV set that I did not think I wanted or needed. It is working really well for me. Blends perfectly. I have deep olive skin like the model Deanna.