Respected Contributor

The foundation I was using I really loved but it is a pump bottle and once it gets down to 1/4 full/empty nothing else comes out(all of them,not just this one). It is also a bit heavier although not what you would call a heavy foundation, just a bit heavier, L'Oreal serum absolute. I used this in 148 natural buff.

Today I went to Rite Aid after watching a lot of videos on line and most seemed to really love the L'Oreal Tru Match so I picked that up in 3 N. I also wanted to try the newer L'Oreal Blur so I also picked that up in 204 creamy natural.

Rite Aid has 20% this week off L'Oreal so figured a good time to try these.

I have a light to medium complexion. I got Light in the IT CC foundation if that helps anyone and use buff natural in serum absolute. Medium is too dark for me but I wouldn't say I am a true light either. I have very dark brown hair, hazel to green eyes and my skin is on the dry side.

I put the Blur in creamy natural on my right side and the Tru Match in 3N on my left side. I dotted both around with my finger tips than I used my Real Techniques Expert Face brush and applied using a circular motion on both side(did the right side first than the left.

Both are really very nice and I can't say I really prefer one over the other BUT the Blur does smooth fine lines out. The Tru Match covers a bit more for those that need that and is buildable. The Blur is almost, not quite but almost, like a tinted moisturizer, a bit more but not much.I have only had them on for 3 hours now since I just picked them up today, 20% off L'Oreal at Rite Aid this week.

I really like both and would recommend either for those looking for a new foundation, all depends on what you want or need it for. Both look very soft and natural on but think color you choose makes a huge difference since I found that out a long time ago, big difference in choosing the right shade.

So, for those looking for a new foundation, give one of these 2 a try.

I would love to hear from others that have tried or use either one of these 2.

Super Contributor

Very nice reviewing, doglover! Objective, thorough, where discounted, and pluses for each. I might be looking at these, when I finish my [pump] bottle of Chanel -- I'll be very unhappy if the pump leaves 1/4 of what I spent $$ on in the bottle and unreachable though!!

Lola
Super Contributor

Great reviews! I haven't worn foundation in years, but broke down and ordered that upcoming BareMinerals TSV since the bareSkin serum foundation has intrigued me. But, if I don't love it I'll send it back and try the L'Oreal Blur I think. Can't hurt to save some money, right?

Honored Contributor

I also sampled the Blur foundation in Rite Aid, I liked Nude Beige, most were very dark.

Valued Contributor

I have the Blur foundation in creamy natural and love it ! It matches my fair skin perfectly and glides on beautifully. For me it covers well because all I need is medium coverage, nothing major to hide. I like the satin finish it gives my skin. It's better than some of my expensive dept store foundations! It's not heavy but I find it better than a tinted moisturizer.

Valued Contributor

I have the Blur foundation in creamy natural and love it ! It matches my fair skin perfectly and glides on beautifully. For me it covers well because all I need is medium coverage, nothing major to hide. I like the satin finish it gives my skin. It's better than some of my expensive dept store foundations! It's not heavy but I find it better than a tinted moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I was very surprised how much I like both of these. I too got the creamy natural in the Blur and yes, is more than a TM but not what most call a regular foundation. I like it evens out the skin tone, goes on smooth(both do) and both use a lot less than what I was using in my IT CC cream foundation or even my Mally newer foundation, liquid that comes in a sort of compact you can apply using your fingers, sponge that comes with it or the ''tiny'' brush that comes with it although I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush(Ulta) for all my liquid foundations.

My Mally liquid, Blur and Tru Match are all sort of the same in the way they feel on my face. The Tru Match gives the most coverage than Blur and Mally are about the same and do like all 3 of these but for the price and who doesn't like a good deal, I will most likely keep getting either Blur(most likely) or Tru Match.

I can wear fair in BE mineral foundation which is what I used up till maybe 5 years ago than my face just got too dry for that and it started showing lines I didn't know I had so switched foundation. I could also wear the light/med but not plain medium, too dark if this helps anyone. Creamy Natural 204 in the Blur is perfect for me and in the Tru Match 3 N is the closest to creamy natural I could find and works the same.

As I said, I put one on each side of my face and I couldn't see a difference in color, look or feel. Both are still on and both sides still look the same.

I will say that about dumb thing I did while DH was in rehab for lyme disease. I use a Mally pencil for my brows in brunette(love it) and I have a Mally eye lining pencil in Khaki which I also love. 2 mornings in a row I thought boy, this brow pencil is really going on different today and looks darker. On the second day a physical therapist asked what I did different to my brows. I said I don't know but it goes on different and looks like I put a crayon on. When I got home that night I looked at it again and saw I was using the Mally khaki eye lining pencil on my brows for 2 days, bet I looked dumb to others, must have shown some green since it is a beautiful khaki(deep) for lining my eyes.

That isn't as bad though as when we lost power for 7 days and I used a flash light to apply my makeup, not good. When out at a local diner, only place in the area they had power and people were standing outside in lines waiting to get in. Anyway, is a regular place we go to and our regular server asked what I did to my face, asked what I was made up for, WHAT I said. She said do you know you have black lipstick on and red eye brows, no I didn't know that. I used my lip lining pencil(YBF) to do my brows and used my brow pencil to outline my lips than to also fill them in. I couldn't believe that and of course DH never said a word when we got out.

Frequent Contributor

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,

Frequent Contributor

OK, I don't know what happened in my previous post, but anyway.....

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the L'oreal serum absolute! I, too, had a problem getting some product out of the bottle, so I pop the top off with a butter knife and tap the bottle against my palm (or a towel on the counter) to get the product back down to the bottom. Then I pop the top back on and pump away! I love this foundation!!!

I used to use L'oreal Lumi, but found that it felt "scratchy" when I applied it. Anyone else have this problem?

I also tried L'oreal True Match a few times, and was NEVER able to find my shade. I tried so many times. Ironically, they say that it's a "true match", but it was so "off" I couldn't believe it.

So I moved on to the serum absolute, which I'm sure they are going to discontinue now that I found my perfect product!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Respected Contributor

thanks, will try that with my bottle of serum absolute which I totally love as well but was getting tired of wasting almost 1/4 of the bottle all the time. I use 148 in that, perfect for me.

I am still debating on the Blur, Tru Match or sticking with my serum absolute since I really do love that a lot. I do like the other 2 but the serum absolute really does help the skin as well, isn't just foundation.