Trusted Contributor

When I wear eyeshadow, I always use a bit of light beigey shimmer on and under my brow bone.

I keep reading these new articles on blogs saying to leave the brow bone shadow-free. I think it would look peculiar to just stop the shadow at the crease or a little above and have naked lid remaining.

Do you use a highlighting shadow on your brow bone?

Honored Contributor

I rarely wear shadow but when I do I just feather it up towards the brow until it disappears. I figure its not naked because there's foundation (BE) there. I don't do smoky eyes or anything fancy.

Respected Contributor

I use a very soft light beige or off white, very soft pink depending on your coloring (or just what you think looks best on you) under or right on the brow bone and feather up towards the brow. It opens the eyes a bit more, makes you look more awake and makes the eyes seem to be a tad bit larger. As long as you keep it very neutral it is a good way to go.

Same with lining the eyes, for smaller eyes line from the center out for both top and bottom than blend/soften. I have small eyes and never use black, too harsh for small or close set eyes or for those that have heavy/droopy lids. You can use plum, navy, khaki, browns, gray, charcoal etc but not black.

I did makeup for a long time, no more and putting anything on too heavy is never a good idea nor is anything too dark unless you are young but, makeup on anyone always looks nice, all depends on what and how you use it.

so, answer is yes, under and on brow bone helps the whole eye area, just go easy and light.

Respected Contributor

I do, and I don't worry too much about whether it's "in" or "out" or whatever. I like the way it looks, so I'll keep doing it until I don't Smile I am used to the look and think my eyes look unfinished when I just feather my crease color up a bit and skip the highlighting shade.

Honored Contributor

I use BE Bisque all over my eye, then use other shadows accordingly. I stay far away from anything shimmery tho. All my shadows are neutral and matte.

Honored Contributor

I use a very pale matte buttercream or beige or very light pink color shadow after my primer. I apply it to the whole upper eyelid. The only slight shimmery shadow I ever use would be just very little right above my lashes in the inner corner.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland