Valued Contributor

SuperGoop SPF 35 CC vs IT CC Cream

Have any of you ladies tried both products and which do you prefer? I know my personal feeling on IT, and my SIL loves the SuperGoop but we have different skin types entirely (and quite an age difference!). I hate the price of the IT product, but I love the moisturizing properties for the winter only, as it is too oily for me year round and the level of SPF is impressive If you are reading this post, and you do not use either, do you have a preferred product? I want to stay under $35.00 (max. $40.00) and I want something with actual coverage, not sheer, as I have a lot of trouble spots. And please no retinol. Thank you!!

Super Contributor

Re: SuperGoop SPF 35 CC vs IT CC Cream

I do like Supergoop and like that it has 20%zinc oxide. My favorite is Missha Perfect Cover. I get it on Amazon for around $11.25. It has great coverage and lasts really well. I haven't tried It CC so I can't compare it.

Super Contributor

It CC is really nice. I like the Supergoop but I love Suntegrity 5-1 CC. I use a tiny bit of suntegrity face spf primer and then the suntegrity 5-1 and it makes my skin flawless. I also get trouble spots and I have found that tea tree oil really helps with them. Who would think an oil would work so well.

Honored Contributor

I loved the Supergoop, but it only comes in 2 shades and the lightest was not light enough for me. It was a great CC cream for the summer because it wore well in high heat (100+) and humidity. I think it would be too drying in the winter, but I don't know for sure because it was just too dark for me to wear in the winter and I even gave it up for the summer because of the shade.

I liked the IT Cosmetics CC, but it after a few days irritated my skin and caused redness in an area where a LOT of products cause redness and flakiness, so I didn't use it more than a week and don't really have a lot to say about it.

Regular Contributor

I liked the supergoop but didn't think it provided any coverage at all. The IT cc has great coverage--

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I loved the Supergoop, but it only comes in 2 shades and the lightest was not light enough for me. It was a great CC cream for the summer because it wore well in high heat (100+) and humidity. I think it would be too drying in the winter, but I don't know for sure because it was just too dark for me to wear in the winter and I even gave it up for the summer because of the shade.

I liked the IT Cosmetics CC, but it after a few days irritated my skin and caused redness in an area where a LOT of products cause redness and flakiness, so I didn't use it more than a week and don't really have a lot to say about it.

Supergoop has a Fair shade now. :-)

Super Contributor

I prefer Supergoop, not only because it has outstanding sun protection (far better than IT's), but for me, the coverage was nicer. I may have had the wrong shade of the IT, but didn't care for the coverage or the finish, or something.

Supergoop, to me, is like a beautiful foundation. A LOT more coverage than Suntegrity's (which is about $45 anyway), and not too shiny, not too matte finish.

I got Supergoop sample sizes off of eBay to try that way, but you can get samples from Sephora or Nordstrom if you're close to one. When I tried it they only had Light/Med and Med/Dark shades, and even though the Light/Med was too dark for me, I could tell I loved the product itself. They now have a Fair shade, but not sure if there are samples for that yet.

Try the sample of Supergoop and if you don't like it, then give the IT a shot. Not sure if IT has samples, but if so, that's a great way to try the both.

Good luck and let us know what you try/like/don't like. :-)

Frequent Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I prefer Supergoop, not only because it has outstanding sun protection (far better than IT's), but for me, the coverage was nicer. I may have had the wrong shade of the IT, but didn't care for the coverage or the finish, or something.

Supergoop, to me, is like a beautiful foundation. A LOT more coverage than Suntegrity's (which is about $45 anyway), and not too shiny, not too matte finish.

I got Supergoop sample sizes off of eBay to try that way, but you can get samples from Sephora or Nordstrom if you're close to one. When I tried it they only had Light/Med and Med/Dark shades, and even though the Light/Med was too dark for me, I could tell I loved the product itself. They now have a Fair shade, but not sure if there are samples for that yet.

Try the sample of Supergoop and if you don't like it, then give the IT a shot. Not sure if IT has samples, but if so, that's a great way to try the both.

Very interesting to read. I love the IT CC cream but I keep reading great things about the Supergoop. I do love the amount of zinc oxide in it. I think I may pick up a sample at Sephora. Do you find the Supergoop as moisturizing as the IT CC cream? How does the Supergoop work if you have some dry spots and redness. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I loved the Supergoop, but it only comes in 2 shades and the lightest was not light enough for me. It was a great CC cream for the summer because it wore well in high heat (100+) and humidity. I think it would be too drying in the winter, but I don't know for sure because it was just too dark for me to wear in the winter and I even gave it up for the summer because of the shade.<br /> <br /> I liked the IT Cosmetics CC, but it after a few days irritated my skin and caused redness in an area where a LOT of products cause redness and flakiness, so I didn't use it more than a week and don't really have a lot to say about it.

Supergoop has a Fair shade now. :-)

Thank you, Maren! I'm going to have to stop by Nordstrom and check that one out. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 8/20/2014 NeetaLyn said:

Very interesting to read. I love the IT CC cream but I keep reading great things about the Supergoop. I do love the amount of zinc oxide in it. I think I may pick up a sample at Sephora. Do you find the Supergoop as moisturizing as the IT CC cream? How does the Supergoop work if you have some dry spots and redness. Thanks!

I can't really compare because I never actually wore or worked with the IT -- but I'm sure I wore moisturizer (or another layer of sunscreen) under both. And I don't have dry patches (although my skin is dry) but I assume they might both show up the area somewhat? Check out the reviews here, on Sephora and Nordstrom -- I'm sure some people thought the SG was too dry, others too emollient. The little sample tubes are more than generous enough for you to really be able to tell how it works for you.

You might have to add more or cover spots with the Supergoop -- not sure. The IT might offer more coverage. I'd call the Supergoop a "good" medium coverage. Not sheer at all, and when I put it on it makes my face all that color like a medium coverage foundation would. If that makes sense. :-)

I also think the shades are pretty forgiving. I say that because the Light/Med was a tad too dark for me, but TOTALLY wearable. If they hadn't come out with the Fair I'd be fine sticking with the Light/Med. I'm actually using up my L/M tube and will order the Fair, and this is the ONE product where I'm willing to mix two shades if I need to (but I'd rather not).

I don't want to overhype it -- I was sure both myshell and Katluver would be as wowed as I am but they both actually prefer other products. For me, it's my current HG, I realize it's not for everyone. (But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!)