Super Contributor

Which skincare/makeup companies will be having Labor Day sales? I know several of you have mentioned annual sales.

I'm trying to maximize my savings and would hate to buy then find out if I had waited a few days I could have saved.

Respected Contributor

I plan to check out the ASDM website to see if they will have 20% off like they did for the 4th of July. Great products at a very good price.

Honored Contributor

I hope there will be some good ones! Smiley Happy

I also wanted to wish you well today- I am sure everything will be perfect. I find out today if for sure my surgery is a go for Thursday- I think it will be. Good luck to you and take care!

Frequent Contributor

I saw this post and I just wanted to comment: LABOR DAY? WHAT- ALREADY?? WOW, SUMMER PASSED QUICKLY!

Super Contributor
On 8/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

I also wanted to wish you well today- I am sure everything will be perfect. I find out today if for sure my surgery is a go for Thursday- I think it will be. Good luck to you and take care!

Cheers, HappyDaze! My lab work was good, but a small nodule showed up on my CT of right lower lobe. That's how my Melanoma began on the left side. I'm waiting to hear if I need to do something now or recheck at my next 3-month appointments.

I'm still on for hand(s) surgery on Thursday. We may be surgery twinnies, both with splendid outcomes and gorgeous skin.

Super Contributor

(Duplicate of "Cancer Survivors" post)

I had my labs & CT scans this morning at Mayo, then met with my oncology PA, Bob, in the early afternoon. The good news is my labs were good except elevated leukocytes. The not so good news is that I now have a new "pulmonary nodule", this time the lower right lobe. It's very small, but all I can think is this was how the other side started. I said I want to be ahead of this. Bob immediately sent a message & email to my oncologist, Dr. Bryce, who was at the hospital (a different location from Mayo Clinic) all day. Dr. Bryce, who Bob says is THE TOP Melanoma guy in the country right now, will be going over the scans with a fine tooth comb, comparing them to my left side "nodule/tumor". If they want to further investigate now they'll phone me in the next day or two. Otherwise, it will be rechecked in 3 months.

I had a funny thought while driving home with my parents. If they want to biopsy, do a tag team combo while I'm sedated, having my bilateral hand surgery on Thursday...I don't think it works that way...but a thought. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Hey, we can be surgery twinnies!

Honored Contributor

F1, well it all sounds promising so far! And at least you found it early IF it is something, right? Sounds like your doctors are on it, which is always nice and comforting. So they are doing the surgery on Thursday still, right?

And I so know what you mean- hey get it all done in one shot if ya can! lol! I was talking to my dr. about the surgery and she said she will do a quick exam before they get started to make sure they can get to the tumor (i.e. no thick scarring or anything else that might get in the way). If they can't get to it, she said they'd forgo the procedure and wake me up. Hubby said, why can't they then just immediately go into hysterectomy mode while they have you under?? ha, that would be nice but yeah, don't think it works that way, lol!

Anyway, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread but I do wish you well, saying a little pray for you and for your continued good health!

ET: Oops, just saw your first post saying still planning your surgery on Thursday! Too bad we couldn't be in the recovery room together, lol! What a sight we'd be! But hey yeah, we'd have glorious skin, lol!!

Trusted Contributor
On 8/19/2014 F1wild said:

Cheers, HappyDaze! My lab work was good, but a small nodule showed up on my CT of right lower lobe. That's how my Melanoma began on the left side. I'm waiting to hear if I need to do something now or recheck at my next 3-month appointments.

I'm still on for hand(s) surgery on Thursday. We may be surgery twinnies, both with splendid outcomes and gorgeous skin.

Good luck to both of you and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Super Contributor

F1 and HappyDaze, I'll keep you in my prayers and please let us know how things go!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Wishing you both swift healing.