Respected Contributor

Body TREATMENT for dimpled skin ( Yes I Exercise - Just wanting something for apperance)

Have you found anything that helps smooth out skin some - I am NOT looking for a miracle, I exercise daily, eat clean and take care of myself however, I did go thru a HUGE weight loss over 19 years ago and well...since being well over 40 now the skin on my legs just don't look that appealing to me anymore.

We are going on Vac. in Nov. and I wanted to start using something now that "MAY" help the appearance of the skin on my legs.

Just wondering what you have tried that you feel helps some? I of course use a Self Tanner and that does help alot Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help!

Regular Contributor

Re: Body TREATMENT for dimpled skin ( Yes I Exercise - Just wanting something for apperance)

I am interested in hearing replies to this one too. A friend of mine sell Nerium, and they have come out with a treatment called Nerium Firm. The before and after pics are ridiculous! You should Google them just for laughs!

Anxiously awaiting recommendations!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Body TREATMENT for dimpled skin ( Yes I Exercise - Just wanting something for apperance)

Doesn't somebody offer body creams with retinol in them? I'm just wondering if that helps at all. Other than caffeine, I can't think of too much else. You could also try ivy extract (ivy is a known skin firmer).

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 musicgrl said:

I am interested in hearing replies to this one too. A friend of mine sell Nerium, and they have come out with a treatment called Nerium Firm. The before and after pics are ridiculous! You should Google them just for laughs!

Anxiously awaiting recommendations!

Ray Liotta is suing them for false using his picture in their ads. He has never used their product and they didn't have permission to use his image.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Harpa said:

Doesn't somebody offer body creams with retinol in them? I'm just wondering if that helps at all. Other than caffeine, I can't think of too much else. You could also try ivy extract (ivy is a known skin firmer).

I agree, I've read that body products with retinol do help. I haven't tried it but I've read some rave reviews on Dr. Jeanette Graf's retinol body butter sold on HSN. It sells for $21 and is worth a try.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

I have used Nivea Firming Crème w/Q10 for several years. I think it helps a bit with smoothing - definitely nice softening. I LOVE the smell.

I just started using Paula's Choice Retinol Body Lotion but only use it on my neck and chest - hoping to see some positive results. Too early to tell.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 8/18/2014 Harpa said:

I agree, I've read that body products with retinol do help. I haven't tried it but I've read some rave reviews on Dr. Jeanette Graf's retinol body butter sold on HSN. It sells for $21 and is worth a try.

Thank you - I did hear taht retinol helps and so does Caffeine - I'll check out the Dr Graf product and read some of the reviews. THANK YOU

Regular Contributor

Isn't the dimpling caused under the skin as cellulite? I lost and gained weight a few times so I have that and some stretch marks (ugh TMI). I purchased a good deal of Retin A & Tazorac from All Day Chemist, and was applying it every few days. I also have a liter of Isomers Copper P, so I was also using that. Can't say I've had much results.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 musicgrl said:

Isn't the dimpling caused under the skin as cellulite? I lost and gained weight a few times so I have that and some stretch marks (ugh TMI). I purchased a good deal of Retin A & Tazorac from All Day Chemist, and was applying it every few days. I also have a liter of Isomers Copper P, so I was also using that. Can't say I've had much results.

Thank you and I too lost a lot of weight. I don't think anything will take the cellulite away, I do weight training on my lower body as well.

Thanks for your input!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/18/2014 scullychick said:

I have used Nivea Firming Crème w/Q10 for several years. I think it helps a bit with smoothing - definitely nice softening. I LOVE the smell.

I just started using Paula's Choice Retinol Body Lotion but only use it on my neck and chest - hoping to see some positive results. Too early to tell.

I think Nivea is the one Oprah had some viewers test one time and when they came on the show after 6 weeks or whatever it was, they really had smoother looking thighs.