Super Contributor

Has anyone ever tried airbrush makeup?

I saw an informercial for that Luminess Air machine to spray on makeup and was wondering i anyone ever tried this? Do you have to use their makeup? It did not tell the price on the informercial, just that you could try it for $19.95....

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever tried airbrush makeup?

Luminess has a cheap machine and there is a lot they don't explain-such as adequate cleaning. I ended up with Dinair-it looks great and stays -and I think my skin did improve because I was not using anything mechanical-brushes or fingers- on my face. At the end of the day, I felt that I was spending a lot of time maintaining the unit and I lost interest. ...but Dinair isn't the only one out there. Research it if it's something you 're interested in, but I would avoid the cheaply made ones, and if you research it, you will quickly see why. Poodlepet
Frequent Contributor

I used luminess air about 6 years ago. At the time, I used the satin finish foundation that they offered bc of my dry skin and it made me look fantastic! I used it for about a year and a half and then I realized how expensive it was and stopped using it. The machine was a lot maintenance also (the cleaning and putting together and storing). The only foundation that has ever made me look as good as the luminess air is Diorskin Airflash. I tried Temptu twice and was not sold - it didn't do anything special for me. I recently ordered a new luminess air system (within the last year) and HATED it this time. They reformulated the foundation and it was so gross. Every shade was too orange. And I tried a huge range from 1-6 just to make sure it wasnt me. I ended up giving the unit away to someone who was curious about it. What a waste! I now use Diorskin Forever or Nude and am very pleased with the results.
Respected Contributor

I was airbrushed last Summer for my daughter's wedding and loved the look. However, that was a professional doing it. I have never attempted to do it on my own. It wore for 12 hours and lasted through the tears.