Regular Contributor

Carol's Daughter Products. WOW!

hsn had a today's special a couple of weeks ago. It included shampoo, conditioner and Monoi Oil Sacred Strength Hair Serum. First the smell is amazing, makes me want to wash my hair 3 times a day. Then the hair serum, OMG It comes out like a oil, but goes directly in your hair and there is no grease at all. I put it on my towel dried hair, style it and continued getting ready. The oil keeps the style and defines my hair and I really don't need a blow dryer. Every other oil I have tried looks like you have oil on your hair, not this. It's amazing.

I have short, very thick hair that is colored, the oil defines the texturing of my hair. I know I will probably get blasted by Wen people, but this Monoi is amazing. I do have wen and will probably use wen once a week now. Glad I was able to get auto delivery because I think individually it is very expense. But is great

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Honored Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Products. WOW!

what does wen have to do with anything? Some people just like to stir the proverbial WEN pot any chance they get. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Anyway, glad you like your product. I've never had luck with CD's products, unfortunately.

Regular Contributor

On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

what does wen have to do with anything? Some people just like to stir the proverbial WEN pot any chance they get. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Anyway, glad you like your product. I've never had luck with CD's products, unfortunately.

So sorry I didn't want to stir anything. It just that I know wen has such a big following here. Like you said, some products work better for others, who knows why. We are all different. Again not trying to start anything. Really sorry

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Super Contributor

I'm one of the "WEN people", lol, but certainly won't "blast" you for finding a product that's working so well for you! I don't believe that every product is for every person (including WEN), so I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone to have the same results with every product. I'm glad there is such diversity out there!

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 nicky221 said:
On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

So sorry I didn't want to stir anything. It just that I know wen has such a big following here. Like you said, some products work better for others, who knows why. We are all different. Again not trying to start anything. Really sorry

I just enjoyed reading your review until I got to that point and I was thinking, what does WEN have to do with your loving the CD product? Anyway, I use non-WEN products but also I use WEN. I've never been blasted for using other things besides WEN (at least not to my face, lol). We all don't love everything WEN! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I'm one of the "WEN people", lol, but certainly won't "blast" you for finding a product that's working so well for you! I don't believe that every product is for every person (including WEN), so I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone to have the same results with every product. I'm glad there is such diversity out there!

I predominantly use Wen as well. However, today my hair had a a nice long Kerastase mask in it while I did housework and laundry. Diversity is the spice of life!
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:

I predominantly use Wen as well. However, today my hair had a a nice long Kerastase mask in it while I did housework and laundry. Diversity is the spice of life!

BC, I've been alternating WEN with the Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner (in the white bottle), and loving the results! I can't remember if you participated in that thread a few weeks ago, or not?

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:

BC, I've been alternating WEN with the Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner (in the white bottle), and loving the results! I can't remember if you participated in that thread a few weeks ago, or not?

I had something in a pink bottle that I threw out. Can't remember if it was HE. I disliked the scent, found it drying, and more difficult to rinse than Wen (if that is possible!). Does HE have one in a pink bottle? Is the white bottle really better? Willing to try it.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

They have CD products at Target now.

Super Contributor

The HE pink bottle is the CC that is specifically formulated for color treated hair - I haven't tried that one based on the reviews about dryness. But the white bottle is part of the "Naked" line, and has a pleasingly fresh scent (imo).

It was much easier to rinse out than WEN, and my heavy hair feels lighter after using it. It makes my hair feel so soft and bouncy. The moisture is better than other CCs I've tried, but not as good as WEN (which is why I alternate the two.)

However, I feel like it's a smart choice to work into my cleansing routine because it's inexpensive and allows me to purchase less WEN in the long run.

Also, I just have to emphasize how nice it is to smell the HE on my hair all day! The overly- strong scent of WEN has always been a trade-off for me, and I couldn't stand to get whiffs of it throughout the day.