Super Contributor

Advice re: Clarisonic for a newbie

Ladies - I would love to get some advice for how I can get the most out of my Clarisonic -

Some of my specific questions:

1) Should I cleanse my face first "by hand"and then cleanse again with the Clarisonic?

2) Do any of you use the cleansers made by Clarisonic?

3) My skin is pretty normal - have you found it better to use twice a day, once a day, or just a few times a week?

4) do any of you use the body brush and, if so, how do you like it (I got it with the TSV but am on the fence about using it...)

I know everyone is different..just looking for some "helpful hints" so to speak.

Thanks in advance! CKR

Super Contributor

Re: Advice re: Clarisonic for a newbie

I wear a lot of makeup - eye liner, mascara, lips, full coverage foundation, and also sunscreen. So yes, I need to wash my face by hand with Purity to remove the bulk of it. I then cleanse again with another cleanser (sometimes a WEN CC) with my Clarisonic. I get the best results using this method. I have combination/oily skin and use the Clarisonic every night with no issues.

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 ckr1147 said:

Ladies - I would love to get some advice for how I can get the most out of my Clarisonic -

Some of my specific questions:

1) Should I cleanse my face first "by hand"and then cleanse again with the Clarisonic?

2) Do any of you use the cleansers made by Clarisonic?

3) My skin is pretty normal - have you found it better to use twice a day, once a day, or just a few times a week?

4) do any of you use the body brush and, if so, how do you like it (I got it with the TSV but am on the fence about using it...)

I know everyone is different..just looking for some "helpful hints" so to speak.

Thanks in advance! CKR

1) First I use DHC Deep Cleansing Olive Oil to remove my eye and face makeup, then I cleanse with various facial cleansers using my Clarisonic (sometimes PMS, Lancome GWP cleansers, or one from Aldi's). I switch my facial cleansers a lot.

2) I have used the Clarisonic facial cleansers because they were included with the Mia 2 TSV. I really liked the gel one for combo skin, but I have never repurchased it as a single item (I almost always have cleansers to spare from GWP or Philosophy TSV kits)

3) I also have normal skin (not sensitive). In the beginning, I used the Clarisonic a.m. and p.m. Now, I only use it when I need to remove makeup (usually at night only)

4) I don't have the body brush, just the Mia 2. I many times use a body scrub in the shower and don't need an extra step.

HTH

Contributor

I hope you enjoy your Clarisonic - I have used one for years, love it and it is part of my beauty routine. As a matter of fact, I am on my second one. As with any new product, I would ease into it, to see how your skin responds. I do remove my eye makeup first, as I use a fair amount of eye makeup. For my face, I apply my favorite cleanser and go to work with my Clarisonic. I use it in the evening before my evening products. I love the body brush and use it on my neck, shoulders, arms and elbows in the shower, but not daily - once or perhaps twice a week. One thing I really noticed is that my serums, lotions and other skin products work much better.

Super Contributor

I use mine every time I put on a full face of makeup. I don't cleanse first, although that is fine if you want to keep the brush cleaner. I do take mine apart and clean the brush area with a toothpick and a Q-tip once a month. I change the brush every three months or so. I also clean that seam where the two parts meet along the length since that can get gunky.

I only use Cera Ve hydrating cleanser.

I have the Body/face one, too---I use the body brush in the summer before I self tan, which I only do about five times a season, usually in May/June.

Most important thing to remember IMO is NOT to apply pressure while using it. let the machine glide over your face, and don't feel that you have to use it for the length of time the beeps dictate.

Respected Contributor

I use mine once a day, at the end. I remove my eye make up with my eye make up remover than I splash my face with water, put my cleanser on my brush head and go for it.

Deb

Respected Contributor

I've been using the Mia 2 since May '13. This is what works for me. 1) you can use the Clarisonic to remove make up. I prefer not to stain the brush. So I wash by hand with Clinique Foaming Cleanser which is their pre-wash for make up removal. It costs $20 and it foams so much you only need a pea size. Lasts for months. I remove eye makeup with Lumene. 2)I don't use the Clarisonic cleanser. I use PTR Anti-Aging Gel Cleanser or WEN Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner. I've never tried the Clarisonic cleaner. 3)Mine's pretty normal too. I use it twice a day. The best brush for me so far is the Cashmere brush. 4)I do have the Clarisonic Plus. It definitely works best with the Luxe brush. More foaming. It works best if you apply your cleanser first on your wet skin and then go over your whole body with the Plus. Don't put gel on the brush and expect to really wash. The cleanser just goes bye bye. That said, I think I really don't need the Plus. It is not a game changer like the Mia 2.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I do not cleanse before using it. I know some people do but I don't mind if the brush gets stained (it hasn't) and no need for an extra step. My mia2 came with a bliss cleanser so I haven't tried the clarisconic one. I only use mine once a day at night. After I use it I rinse it off then remove the brush and put the brush and the body, wet side down, onto a face cloth to dry down. It helps to keep it clean. I love my clarisconic I hope you enjoy yours too