Valued Contributor

Recommendations For A Good Peel

Hi ladies....I turn to you again for advice. You are so wise and always have great suggestions. I am in need of a good (not real harsh) peel. I am 67 and my skin is in pretty good shape thanks to RetinA, Vit C serum and Paula's Choice. But, I think I would benefit from a nice peel once a month. Just to take off the dead skin. What do you use?{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations For A Good Peel

Sorry. I'm in a playful mood and couldn't resist.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't Retin-A an exfoliant? If you use Paula's Choice AHA that also exfoliates the dead skin cells. I went to a dermatologist and had a TCA peel once. It wasn't cheap, but it helped my skin so much. If you get a microdermabrasion you have to be careful (you can ask Paula about her opinion.)

Respected Contributor

Ole Henriksens Power Peel available at Sephora-love this 1x a week

MUAC Mandelic or Lactic acid peels-lunchtime peels. I didn't care for tingle on the 40% Lactic, but it was gentle.

Ole Henriksens Blueberry Enzyme Peel-good 2-3x a week.

Ren's Radiance mask./peel-very gentle

When I can afford it I get a VI Peel Precision at my derm's office. But this is very pricey($400.00)

Super Contributor

I'm 60, and I rotate these peels:

1) AmorePacific Enzyme Peel

2) La Prairie 3-Minute Peel

3) REN Glycol Lactic Peel

4) Trish McEvoy "Correct and Brighten" Weekly Peel Pads

Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 StylishLady said:

Sorry. I'm in a playful mood and couldn't resist.

Loved her!!!!! MEOW.

Valued Contributor

On 8/17/2014 henderson said:

Isn't Retin-A an exfoliant? If you use Paula's Choice AHA that also exfoliates the dead skin cells. I went to a dermatologist and had a TCA peel once. It wasn't cheap, but it helped my skin so much. If you get a microdermabrasion you have to be careful (you can ask Paula about her opinion.)

Hi Henderson....yes, RetinA is an exfoliate and I use PC BHA @% every morning, but I just feel that my skin could use a nice peel once a month to clear off what those two may leave behind. It can dull the skin over time. Wink

Valued Contributor

On 8/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've been using Cure Natural Aqua Gel for quite some time. It's super gentle and I've had no complaints. However, I recently was curious to try Missha's Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence Peeling. OMG, I like that even better than the Cure. It's a thickened gel consistency. You put it on your face and wait for it to go to work. It will begin to bubble, like hydrogen peroxide does on a scraped knee,. When the bubbling action is over, you gently massage your face in little circles and all the dead skin balls up. Rinse or wipe with a warm (not hot) washcloth. I'm so impressed with this product that I'm going to order more so I don't run out. And it's so effective that I'm seriously thinking about discontinuing my regular morning enzyme powder, or at least cut it back so I'm not doing it daily. You can find the Super Aqua product on the Missha website, but also check Amazon and eBay.

Oh wow this sounds great! I will check out the Missha site. Thanks! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I need my eyes checked. I thought it said Recommendations for a good PEE !

Valued Contributor

On 8/17/2014 expatgal said:

I'm 60, and I rotate these peels:

1) AmorePacific Enzyme Peel

2) La Prairie 3-Minute Peel

3) REN Glycol Lactic Peel

4) Trish McEvoy "Correct and Brighten" Weekly Peel Pads

How often do you peel, Expatgal?