Trusted Contributor

why doesn't QVC do some "try me" kits anymore?

I would like to try a few products but I'm more likely to return them if I don't like it if I've paid full price for them. I would most likely keep the "try me" as I wouldn't have spent as much and there might be one or two products in the kit I would like. Besides I like smaller sizes of products sometimes. Am I alone in this?

Super Contributor

Re: why doesn't QVC do some ""try me"" kits anymore?

I just got one yesterday -- A258461. It's the QVC Beauty 10-piece 2013 Customer Choice Award Winning Collection -- $29.98. Is that the kind of kit you mean?

Super Contributor

I got the same one yesterday. They should do this once in awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they're doing one a month. I enjoyed one @ l9.95 and used everything in it. The latest one is the $29.95 collection. I wasn't interested in that one, but love the idea of the Try Me's.

Super Contributor

The customer choice collections are your best bet. All of the brands in general could offer a travel size kit- I don't travel a lot, but I have a travel kit of my skin care, hair care, and am working on getting smaller sizes in make-up. I have enough challenges packing clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same way. I've been purchasing Try Me kits at Ulta.

Respected Contributor

The Try Me kits are a very smart marketing strategy. I don't think I would have tried Josie Maran's products without them -- now I am hooked on her line. I went from skeptic to believer in one kit.

Honored Contributor

I like the idea but it seems like it is usually always the same brands/products. How about a more prestige try me kit or just one with brands they NEVER include like Edward Bess, Clarks botanicals, NEST body butter, Lipstick Queen, etc.

Super Contributor

I love the 10 Piece collections (Try Me) that they offer once a month. Just ordered my second one. I only order one when it offers things that I'll use or really need and , that way, I am not heavily invested if I don't like a certain product. It's introduced me to Dr. Denese's products,Nick Chavez's products and some Philosophy products. It really is a great value. BTW, a great stocking stuffer or small gift idea is to use one or two of the products that come in the box to give to someone. I love the box that I just ordered with some Philosophy products , Mally, and Bare Minerals. Offered 3 products that I was running out of and was going to reorder anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree: a prestige line would be great. My first one had Perricone l/2 ounce too, Clarins, PTR Squaline, Fresh lip cream, and Wen. It was a terrific set, not a loser and use them all. Surprisingly, they are decent size and not just a "try me." If I had bought two sets, I would have had an ounce of Perricone's moisturizer.