Regular Contributor

Other brush suggestions to apply Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

I really love this brush with the exception of one thing: it's way too big. It does a great job of blending the foundation, but I find it's very uncomfortable to apply around the under eye area, the sides of your nose, and your hair line without getting it onto your hairline. Are there other brushes you have found that you like to apply this foundation with that are smaller or are there tricks you use to get around the areas of the face that I mentioned? Thanks ladies.

Valued Contributor

Re: Other brush suggestions to apply Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

Samantha Chapman Real Techniques has one that is a similar density to Tarte's, but is much smaller. Available at Ulta. Maybe around $9 - $10. Worth it.

Super Contributor

Re: Other brush suggestions to apply Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation

The size of the brush was a deal breaker for me, also - for all the reasons you mentioned in your OP. I finally just started using my fingers and finished the tube that way. But I haven't purchased this foundation since.

Respected Contributor

I like the brush. I apply the foundation with a smaller, firm round brush and then blend lightlly with it and follow with a light blending with the big Tarte brush.
Contributor

I like my Sigma F80 flat top foundation brush. Works well!