Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Hello Lovelies, Happy Saturday!

We had quite the thunderstorm last night, so we humans got to listen to "Songs That Make Dogs Happy", (played very loudly to drown out the thunder) which helps our older dog's phobia. This honestly has worked! I started out playing it in my closet where he'd go to hide, and eventually, he's been able to come and sit by me without freaking out. The songs are simple tunes and lyrics, using words, sounds and phrases dogs would recognize, and they do seem to "make dogs happy". Haven't gone out to check the rain gauge yet, but I'm sure it was a significant amount of moisture too. ETA: Only 3/8", but it's all good!

This week's mani was the 2.0 version of what I started out to do. I made a mess of it in the stamping step, so I removed, repainted, and just "made do" with a single accent nail stamp, and I ended up liking it and received a few compliments as well.

I started with Nailtiques Formula 2 as my usual base coat,

OPI "Pink Friday", 2 coats,

Seche Vite top coat,

Stamped the ring finger with a Fleur de Lis from the Messy Mansion 06 plate in Wet 'n Wild "Black Créme", finished with another coat of S.V., and added a 2 mm. pink crystal from MoYou London.

Et voila!

http://oi57.tinypic.com/fktgdg.jpg

Originally, I thought this pink was a bit "too pink" for my taste, but I found myself enjoying the design and the color.

What did you wear on your nails this week, hmm?

Lola
Respected Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Lola,

Pink isn't any easy color for me but I love this manicure. The accent nail is a perfect touch. 10 fleur de lis would be too much. (IMO)

Respected Contributor

I have to agree w/Muttmom-1 FDL is perfect and a pretty pink as well.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful....just the right amount of bling for that pink shade.

Now back to my weekend company.

Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 muttmom said:

Lola,

Pink isn't any easy color for me but I love this manicure. The accent nail is a perfect touch. 10 fleur de lis would be too much. (IMO)

Hi there muttmom, you got that right! Ten fleur de lis would have been WAY too much -- took me three tries each to get these two centered and vertical! LOL!

I prefer paler pinks myself, but this one surprised me on its first use.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 maestra said:

I have to agree w/Muttmom-1 FDL is perfect and a pretty pink as well.

Thank you, maestra, I'm pleased that you like this. Still deciding what to do for next time ...

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 DREAMON said:

Beautiful....just the right amount of bling for that pink shade.

Now back to my weekend company.

Back to entertaining more company, DREAMON? I must admit, I honestly don't envy you all the work I know it entails, but having friends over is always a fun time -- enjoy!!

Lola
Regular Contributor

The pink looks fab on your skin tone and I'm always a fan of Fleur de Lis!

I am wearing Louboutin's Rouge. It is fabulous in so many ways! Worth. Every. Penny.

Regular Contributor

Louboutin Rouge!

Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 pjoy said:

The pink looks fab on your skin tone and I'm always a fan of Fleur de Lis!

I am wearing Louboutin's Rouge. It is fabulous in so many ways! Worth. Every. Penny.

Hi pjoy, and a warm welcome to NOTW! Is that the $50 polish in the ballet pointe shoe stiletto? Thought that was a collector's piece! I've been thinking of trying the Louboutin mani -- black nails with red behind the tips. Sound good to you? Believe it or not, I've spent more on a single bottle of polish myself. If you've gotta have it, you've gotta have it! Glad you're so happy with yours!

Lola