Esteemed Contributor

Who has the best ones? Do they last all day, but are still easy to remove? Do they keep a straight line, or smear?

I've been tossing eyeliner pencils at a rapid pace this summer (I must have hundreds of them in every color imaginable!). If I apply an eyeliner in the morning and it smears by noon, I throw it out.

I'm curious about gel pencil liners and, since this is beauty day on Q, are any of them worth the money? Are there drugstore brands that last all day?

Thanks!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I like Jordana 24 Hour Made to Last gel eyeliner pencils. They have good staying power, but I do sometimes need to touch up when it's very humid outside. I think they're $2.49 at Walgreens, so it wouldn't cost you much to try them.

Super Contributor

I tried the YBF gel liners with much skeptism as I have never found an eyeliner that did not travel to my upper lid. These do not. They go on easy and stay put all day. They are small, so it makes it easier to line right along the upper lash line. They come off with my cleanser at the end of the day. Of course, they are sold out at HSN now, so that may not be of much help to you or me once I run out. Hopefully they will re-stock.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, ladies!

Actually, I might try the Jordana ones. I saw them recommended elsewhere on this board.

But I'm curious about the YBF gel liners. I like the honesty of Stacy coming out on live TV with a bare face and applying her own makeup. If they're sold out, they must be popular.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I haven't had a lot of luck with pencils. The IT Liner Love in the pots works quite well. It's fairly easy to apply and actually lasts most of the day.

Another consideration is the amount of product in a pencil vs. pot. The IT pencil trio featured this weekend is (3) .017oz. pencils. That's a total of .051 oz. for $32.56. The Liner Love pot is .12 oz for $24.

Pencils = $643.86 per ounce

Liner Lover = $200.00 per ounce.

Honored Contributor

Love Palladio Herbal Eyeliner Pencils, retractable, get them at Sally's or on ebay, many colors.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/16/2014 tototwo said:

Thank you, ladies!

Actually, I might try the Jordana ones. I saw them recommended elsewhere on this board.

But I'm curious about the YBF gel liners. I like the honesty of Stacy coming out on live TV with a bare face and applying her own makeup. If they're sold out, they must be popular.

ITA. The Models Prefer, then ybf, eyebrow pencils were my go-to for years and I still keep one in my bag for touch-ups. I've also tried the yellow neutralizing cream and powder, which didn't work as well for me, but I also like Stacey's approach and I'm open-minded to trying more of her products.

BTW, I had forgotten about this -- a few months ago, out of the blue, Stacey sent me a Linked In invitation to join her network. I have no idea why. My job has nothing to do with the beauty industry. I did used to work in television. Maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway, that was kind of cool.

Respected Contributor

My new favorite eyeliner pencil is by Rimmel and it's the Scandaleyes waterproof Kohl. Love it in the Turquoise and Light blue for lining the inner lower rim.

Contributor

I watched her on TV an just when i decided to buy them they sold out BOOO but i just went on EBAY an bought them for 17. with shipping included. I've Never tried them an i do have oily skin. I use Tarte eyeliner which isn't bad but if i outline my eyes on top it comes off after a few hrs. but under the eye it works ok. The only thing they can break sometimes .

Contributor
Love ulta brand gel liners. Awesome and most times great price.