Respected Contributor

QVC's Beauty Customer Choice Awards nominees seems a bit odd.

Because how do customers nominate their favorite beauty product? I know you can vote for things that have already been chosen, but how do get to nominate it?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Re: QVC's Beauty Customer Choice Awards nominees seems a bit odd.

You cannot. LOL. Every year QVC has this voting process but it feels like they have already selected the winners. I think they do this so the customers think they are part of the process but in actuality we are not. I would love to be able to nominate my favorite products as well (much like Allure has their annual 'best of' report).

Super Contributor

I wonder if it's based on sales. If it sells the most, it's the "winner".

Honored Contributor

But they would have to compare apples to apples in order to figure out volume. Not all products are available in the same quantities. Nick Chavez doesn't bring in the same amount of shampoo as Chaz Dean, so the quantities sold would always skew toward Chaz.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Smurfette said:

You cannot. LOL. Every year QVC has this voting process but it feels like they have already selected the winners. I think they do this so the customers think they are part of the process but in actuality we are not. I would love to be able to nominate my favorite products as well (much like Allure has their annual 'best of' report).

"Seems like they have already selected the winners."

QVC is a large corporation that has contracts with other corporations to sell their products. The awards are about increasing sales, and Q picks "nominees" based maximizing profit. The designation of nominee or winner gives products validation and increases sales. This is much different from a true competition run by an independent judging agency.

It's ok - just recognize it for what it is and is not. We can learn a lot from the customer reviews.

Respected Contributor

I suspect they get the vendors to pay up to be considered. ..in other words, marketing.

Esteemed Contributor

I always think it's such a bogus recognition - and who knows what it's really based on. But if it brings on great kits/sales, I'm open to it!!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

I think the winners are pre-selected by QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 VaBelle35 said:

But they would have to compare apples to apples in order to figure out volume. Not all products are available in the same quantities. Nick Chavez doesn't bring in the same amount of shampoo as Chaz Dean, so the quantities sold would always skew toward Chaz.

Quantity sold does not always translate in NET profits.

They may make more $$$ per unit on Nick's products.

Respected Contributor

After looking at Philosophy Amazing Grace and my favorite, Pure Grace, in the parfum, spray spritz, etc. AG is nominated yet the reviews are not good since customers are finding the fragrance change with the new company. I have not purchased Pure Grace recently so I cannot review. How can a product be nominated with these kinds of reviews?