Respected Contributor

Viral Video on Why You Should Wear Sunscreen

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/15/shocking-video-reveals-what-sun-really-does-to-your-skin/

Watch the video at the middle of the page on why you should wear sunscreen.

Interesting tool to convince people of what sun really does.

Super Contributor

Re: Viral Video on Why You Should Wear Sunscreen

Wow this video is really great and beautifully done. Thanks so much for posting.

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 tigriss said:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/15/shocking-video-reveals-what-sun-really-does-to-your-skin/

Watch the video at the middle of the page on why you should wear sunscreen.

Interesting tool to convince people of what sun really does.

Wonderful, tigriss! Thanks for sharing this important video and article.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

VERY well done!

I wish I had an ultraviolet light so I could make sure I was really doing a good job covering my sunscreen.

Thanks for posting this!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the article.

Respected Contributor

I rarely post to facebook, but this was one video seriously worth sharing with even the people you don't like. Just WOW at the babies and kids skin and then ours. Even if you don't think you have sun damage the cruel camera shows what is real.

Contributor

What really stands out to me, is that most of their shoulders and chests are okay...meaning a lot of damage is done when we are covered in sleeves. This is why my girls know my mantra on sunblock...365 days per year, no exceptions.

Honored Contributor

Years ago my mother and I went to the derm together. She had to put her face in a box and an ultraviolet light was shown on her.

There were some freckles on her nose and cheeks and a huge perfect circle over her eyebrow. It was the size of a dime.

Well now she is well into her 80's and those freckles never showed up. We distintly remember the dime sized one, but we could never remember which eyebrow it was on.

I guess all those freckles don't show up on older people (?) as I would've assumed many senior citizens were redheads!

Respected Contributor

Those freckles may not show, but they are sun damage. I'm very fair skinned and have sun damage on my arms but it shows as white spots almost like where the pigment has been bleached or washed out. I remember many severe burns that blistered, and I couldn't wear clothes along my shoulders. Thank God for tube tops. When you are working in the fields and you are wearing long sleeves and are a kid, you take that off for the tank underneath. You live and learn. Now I cut grass with long sleeves, a light, worn out cotton shirt, but still wear it and a hat. The same thing with yard work and gardening and the like. Fishing is particularly difficult because you are so tempted to be in your bathing suit and dive in to cool off. My fishing days have been replaced with lots of traveling and work, so that is one way to avoid sun damage. You also have to be careful with driving as that left arm can get exposed quite a lot during your drives.

Super Contributor

Wow, that was very informative. I don't feel so crazy about using sunscreen anymore. Thank you.