Super Contributor

Dr. Patricia Wexler on Today Show and new treatment

Did anyone see the fourth hour of Today today? (sounds funny) Well, Dr. Patricia Wexler was on demonstrating this new ultrasound treatment that was a non-invasive "facelift". I was going to RUN not walk to sign up until she mentioned it was $4500. And you need a series. I am not sure if that number was for the series or the individual treatment, but either way...yikes. The "after" pics were impressive.

Then Kathie Lee was talking with her about the Juvederm-like NEW product that the doctor used on her recently. I have to admit, there was a day a coupleof months ago when I tuned in when I did a double-take---Kathie Lee looked great!

The doctor then was talking about products she liked, such as Olay Regenerist, Roc and a new hand peel.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Patricia Wexler on Today Show and new treatment

A few of the ladies where I live have had the laser lifts - they don't last long.

Super Contributor

Darn---too bad...sooo expensive! I am hoping I heard wrong, but I don't think so!

Trusted Contributor

Was it a laser type machine or an ultra-sonic type machine. They work differently. Plus you could use an ultra sonic machine on a regular basis whereas lasers tend to be a series of treatments within a set period of time. Did Dr Wexler mention "laser lifts" or just ultra sonic? I'm trying to decipher what she was highlighting and Happy Housewife's post confused me as to if that was the same thing Dr Wexler was demonstrating ..........

Did Kathy Lee mention whether the Juvederm like product was an internal treatment? Wouldn't it be great if it was a topical cream of some type that we could actually try for ourselves. Wishful thinking, eh?

The good news is that over time, most of these very pricey machines do come down eventually in price - might take 10 years but it usually occurs. Look at the many types of lasers now within reach that all started out costing thousands and thousands ~

Sorry I missed it but I rarely watch any of those shows. I have always liked Dr Wexler.

Super Contributor

On 8/15/2014 wackers said:

Was it a laser type machine or an ultra-sonic type machine. They work differently. Plus you could use an ultra sonic machine on a regular basis whereas lasers tend to be a series of treatments within a set period of time. Did Dr Wexler mention "laser lifts" or just ultra sonic? I'm trying to decipher what she was highlighting and Happy Housewife's post confused me as to if that was the same thing Dr Wexler was demonstrating ..........

Did Kathy Lee mention whether the Juvederm like product was an internal treatment? Wouldn't it be great if it was a topical cream of some type that we could actually try for ourselves. Wishful thinking, eh?

The good news is that over time, most of these very pricey machines do come down eventually in price - might take 10 years but it usually occurs. Look at the many types of lasers now within reach that all started out costing thousands and thousands ~

Sorry I missed it but I rarely watch any of those shows. I have always liked Dr Wexler.

Now that you mention it...it was an ultrasound.

I think the Juvederm-like product was an injectable. It is probably on their FB page---yes, I wish it was topical! Yep, Dr. Wexler knows her stuff. She was yelling at Hoda for never wearing sunscreen,too. She said something about most deadly melanomas are in darker skinned people who think they don't need sunscreen.

Super Contributor

I didn't see the segment but I have had Ultherapy (I think that's the name of it) - I actually won t in a drawing at my plastic surgen's office where I get Botox and Juvederm...I had my entire face and neck done - supposed to stimulate collagen production and last a couple of years - mine did last and I thought my skin did improve...but I would not spend the $$$ on it myself....I'll stick with the tried and true Botox and Juvederm...there is a "new"Juvederm called Voluma (I think?) that is supposed to be longer lasting - it is more expensive, and I have not tried it yet....

Honored Contributor

I saw the segment and was intrigued in the machine too. I was also surprised at the treatment cost (I don't know why since everything is expensive) but the way it was being demonstrated at first I thought it was a do it yourself home machine.....didn't it look that way?...but treatments starting at $4500.00?!! It's not an invasive procedure and the woman getting the treatment just had the hand held part of the equipment sort of massage parts of her face & neck. I'm assuming the cost is for a series of treatments.

Who knows maybe in the not too distant future the price will comes down a lot and we could purchase this for home use!

Yes I agree that kathy Lee looks great!

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 ckr1147 said:

I didn't see the segment but I have had Ultherapy (I think that's the name of it) - I actually won t in a drawing at my plastic surgen's office where I get Botox and Juvederm...I had my entire face and neck done - supposed to stimulate collagen production and last a couple of years - mine did last and I thought my skin did improve...but I would not spend the $$$ on it myself....I'll stick with the tried and true Botox and Juvederm...there is a "new"Juvederm called Voluma (I think?) that is supposed to be longer lasting - it is more expensive, and I have not tried it yet....

Yes this is what the treatment was!...An Ultherapy machine that's supposed to stimulate collagen production. That's what I remember Dr. Wexler explaining.

Did you get a single treatment or series? Dr. Wexler said that you needed more than one for it to be really effective.

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 ckr1147 said:

I've heard of the Ultherapy treatment. Can you tell me if there was pain during the procedure, and was there any downtime......TIA!
~H~
Super Contributor

I used to use Patricia Wexler skincare, but she's only available online or at B&BW. Plus, the line has really scaled back with no new products. Maybe she's only focused on her in-office treatments.