Honored Contributor

WHAT A BARGAIN-NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

/></p> <h2 style= Sisley-Paris</h2> <h2 style="font-size: 10px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">Prestige Essentials Anti-Age Set</h2>

$755.00

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT A BARGAIN-NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this work better than Isomers, Skinn etc...............WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Limited Edition Prestige Coffret Three Serums

$1,300.00

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Super Contributor

People who have the money, usually don't bargain hunt anything. They buy what they want, when they want, as much as they want and use what they please.

Why do some people use drug store facial goods, some use generic, some use well known brands and some designer? People usually shop within their budgets and buy what they choose to use, what works for them within that price range.

Same with clothing, buying cars etc. Why buy a Porshe instead of a Dart? Because they want to and can when money is absolutely no obstacle.

Sisley wouldn't be in business selling at that price if there weren't buyers. These are luxury goods, not meant for the average person.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/15/2014 katkitty said:

People who have the money, usually don't bargain hunt anything. They buy what they want, when they want, as much as they want and use what they please.

Why do some people use drug store facial goods, some use generic, some use well known brands and some designer? People usually shop within their budgets and buy what they choose to use, what works for them within that price range.

Same with clothing, buying cars etc. Why buy a Porshe instead of a Dart? Because they want to and can when money is absolutely no obstacle.

Sisley wouldn't be in business selling at that price if there weren't buyers. These are luxury goods, not meant for the average person.

Very well put. If we were all limited to just one brand, one price range, etc, what fun would that be? I was one who always splurged in the car dept. especially and got immense joy from doing so. I realize others wouldn't choose to do so but that why there's a buying market for all price points.

I have tried a few Sisley products and did like them but nothing in this price range - a little above my skincare budget.

Frequent Contributor

To each her/his own. The products pictured above are waaaay out of my price range, but if someone has the money and desire to buy these products, that's fine with me. I buy skin care mainly from shopping channels. Some people cannot afford what I spend. We all have different circumstances.

As far as whether the ultra-expensive items work better - as you can see from these boards, consumers can't agree on products in any price range. If someone thinks a $1,000 product works better for them than my $20 product, who am I to argue?

Esteemed Contributor

Wow. I guess it's where your priorities lie.

... and, there are some who can afford the Sisley products, but still prefer the drugstore brands. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

On 8/15/2014 catlover said:

Does this work better than Isomers, Skinn etc...............WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

$1,300.00

Do Isomers and Skinn work better than Olay Regenerist or Alpha Hydrox? Those two lines are (arguably) less expensive than Isomers and Skinn.

There are products in all price ranges in Beauty products as in other areas, such as cars, clothes, houses and baby strollers. The next time you are out and about, maybe you could ask someone with a $5000 baby buggy why they don't have a $100 one from Walmart. Or perhaps ask a Mercedes owner why he or she isn't driving a Toyota Corolla.

I suspect their answers will be that what they buy is their own business.

CeeCee

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 CeeCee said:

$1,300.00

Do Isomers and Skinn work better than Olay Regenerist or Alpha Hydrox? Those two lines are (arguably) less expensive than Isomers and Skinn.

There are products in all price ranges in Beauty products as in other areas, such as cars, clothes, houses and baby strollers. The next time you are out and about, maybe you could ask someone with a $5000 baby buggy why they don't have a $100 one from Walmart. Or perhaps ask a Mercedes owner why he or she isn't driving a Toyota Corolla.

CeeCee

thank you for your words of wisdom

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Super Contributor

$1,300.00

CeeCee

I think it was a legitimate question. What are the ingredients that make it cost so much? It must have something very special in it. Maybe something the average American would find affordable. She wasn't taking about cars or baby buggies.

After using many, many much more expensive products I discovered Alpha Hydrox. I use lots of different things but if I could only have one treatment product, it would be Alpha Hydrox. It has transformed my rough, scaly, bumpy, dry skin. They could multiply the price and I would still purchase it. For me it works.

Frequent Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Kind1too said:

$1,300.00

CeeCee

I think it was a legitimate question. What are the ingredients that make it cost so much? It must have something very special in it. Maybe something the average American would find affordable. She wasn't taking about cars or baby buggies.

After using many, many much more expensive products I discovered Alpha Hydrox. I use lots of different things but if I could only have one treatment product, it would be Alpha Hydrox. It has transformed my rough, scaly, bumpy, dry skin. They could multiply the price and I would still purchase it. For me it works.

The "ingredients" in a Mercedes or a $5000 stroller (materials and craftsmanship) are very different from the lower cost options. My point was that they both get the job done. La Mer, you are paying a lot of money for mineral oil, petrolatum and sea algae... over $1K an ounce I think. There are products available that have those or very similar ingredients for a whole lot less $. Some women obviously feel that the Sisley works for them, and they don't mind paying for it and they also perhaps like the service of the sales counters and the packaging. Actually, these people perhaps don't care as much as we do about their beauty products being effective, as they can afford the cosmetic surgery, botox, fillers and lasers that most of us can't.

I don't know what's in the Sisley products and have no interest in researching it. But I'm 99.9% sure you can get something very similar and as effective for a lot less $.

Really, you can argue that there is nearly always a less affordable option for most any kind of product. But lots of people buy what they like/want, not necessarily what is the most effective or even what they need. Most of us here at Beauty Banter like to get the most bang for our beauty bucks, but not everyone is like us. Smiley Happy

CeeCee