Regular Contributor

Looking for a new scent that is a bit unique, but also fresh and crisp

Here are some of my favorites: Blvgari Crystalline and True Religion - the original one. I also like DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom, Juicy Couture's La La, and Ralph Lauren Summer Romance. I don't like any of the Philosophy fragrances, so please keep that in mind. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a new scent that is a bit unique, but also fresh and crisp

Jo Malone has a new scent to her collection. I received an email. Since I am not in the market for a new fragrance right now, I deleted the email. If you go to her website, I am sure it will be on the first page as this news is only 2 days old. Her Lime Mandarin Basil is very clean & fresh which would be my first choice but Grapefruit is also very nice

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I just made some purchases from Pittsburgh Street Soapworks and I am in love with some of the fragrances. You can order samples to try before ordering a full size which I really liked. I tend to like floral, vanilla, musk, coconut and almond scents. I really like the Lemon Verbena, Coconut Almond and the Blackberry Musk. The site is very helpful because the list the scents used in the colognes and perfumes. I did get the full size Hyacinth perfume which is lovely but you have to go easy because it is strong. I sprayed one squirt on my pillow case and ended up opening the window and turning the fan on. Also the prices are very reasonable.

Honored Contributor

I suggest that you check out fragrantica.com. You can look up the scents you know already that you like, and often you will find posted perfumes that remind people of that particular one. You can also find out the "group" that your faves are in and then check out that group -- you'll see a long list of recommendations for that group of perfumes.

Also, they give you the pyramid of notes for every fragrance and the ratings for longevity. It's a fascinating site. They have a forum as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna.....citrusy, light, clean and fresh. I always get a ton of compliments when I wear it.

I was in the hospital today for an epidural shot and 4 people asked me what I was wearing....and that it smelled great! I can never smell it on myself. I actually asked one of the nurses if I was wearing too much because I can never tell....she said it was just right.

I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 8/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I suggest that you check out fragrantica.com. You can look up the scents you know already that you like, and often you will find posted perfumes that remind people of that particular one. You can also find out the "group" that your faves are in and then check out that group -- you'll see a long list of recommendations for that group of perfumes.

Also, they give you the pyramid of notes for every fragrance and the ratings for longevity. It's a fascinating site. They have a forum as well.

Wow!! I never heard of this sight Suzy.....thanks for the information!!! I'm going to check that out. Smile

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Frequent Contributor

Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gioia.

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Thanks for posting about this again. I always think "I'm going to remember that site" and of course never do. This time I saved it to my desktop. :-)

Respected Contributor

My Favorite Refreshing Scents...

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Super Contributor

FYI Zulily is having a fragrances sale today..I just saw that Acqua Di Gioia Essenza Eau de Parfum (pictured above) there:

http://www.zulily.com/invite/mcouch318/e/captivating-aroma-fragrances-92190.html