Occasional Contributor

large pores on nose ....ugh!

Ladies, is there a product you use to shrink the look of pores? When I apply a tinted moisturizer or other creamy cosmetic, it just sits in the pores (esp. on the nose!) which looks gross! I use BE mineral foundation mostly, but I would like to apply a tinted moisturizer with SPF as well. Anyone have suggestions??

Valued Contributor

Re: large pores on nose ....ugh!

I would suggest a good primer first. I really like Tarte Clean Slate Timeless Smoothing Primer (from Sephora). It really creates a smooth surface for your foundation.

Super Contributor

Try the Algenist pore corrector gel. I have the same problem and have been using this for about two weeks. I already see a difference.

Esteemed Contributor

Pat (not rub) a little Mally Everclear Poreless Face Defender or Clinique Pore Minimizer in the little green tube as a last step.

Skinn also had a compact mattifier similar to Mally. I also really like Skinn Orchid gel (if I am using that, I do put it on first but very lightly. It's a bit heavy). Loreal has a dupe in a compact as well, as do several other drugstore lines.

However, for me, the Mally is the best, followed by Skinn and Clinique. I didn't care for the Loreal dupe at all (except for the price, LOL). I never finished using it, which is unusual for me as I hate to waste product.

When I use any of these (except the Orchid Gel), I pat them over, not under, any makeup (I am not big on foundation but do wear concealer and sunscreen) as a final step. I don't wear regular primers that go under makeup. They break me out.

Honored Contributor

Funny you should mention one on your nose. In general, I haven't have a big problem with a lot of enlarged pores, except for one I had on the tip of my nose. Just yesterday I found myself getting up really close to my mirror, trying to find it, and I couldn't. Pores become enlarged when there's gunk stuck inside them. Using a good cleansing oil and my Foreo Luna at night and an exfoliating enzyme powder in the morning has made a difference. I also use Thayer's Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera toner both morning and night immediately after the cleansing or exfoliating process.

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 BeckiWV said:

Pat (not rub) a little Mally Everclear Poreless Face Defender or Clinique Pore Minimizer in the little green tube as a last step.

Skinn also had a compact mattifier similar to Mally. I also really like Skinn Orchid gel (if I am using that, I do put it on first but very lightly. It's a bit heavy). Loreal has a dupe in a compact as well, as do several other drugstore lines.

However, for me, the Mally is the best, followed by Skinn and Clinique. I didn't care for the Loreal dupe at all (except for the price, LOL). I never finished using it, which is unusual for me as I hate to waste product.

When I use any of these (except the Orchid Gel), I pat them over, not under, any makeup (I am not big on foundation but do wear concealer and sunscreen) as a final step. I don't wear regular primers that go under makeup. They break me out.

This is my only SKINN purchase so far, but I am also loving it. The trick for me is to put a VERY little bit on my fingertips at a time and spread over my face after my SPF tinted moisturizer. It works great under makeup, too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/14/2014 MandySays said:
On 8/14/2014 BeckiWV said:

This is my only SKINN purchase so far, but I am also loving it. The trick for me is to put a VERY little bit on my fingertips at a time and spread over my face after my SPF tinted moisturizer. It works great under makeup, too.

Thanks, I will definitely give that a try. I do like the original Orchid Gel. It's very nice.

I got that three piece set the last time Skinn was on, which has a large and small Orchid Gel and then the Orchid Gel tinted kind.

I like both kinds really well but I do like the original purple gel the best of the two. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Love the Skinn Orchid Gel. Use a small amount over makeup.
Super Contributor

There are several Korean products that are very good. For the nose though I would go with the Skinfood Peach Sake Pore Serum. I would buy the samples from ebay to see how you like it. Those sample packs go a long way. I use it on my t-zone when I am oily or my pores when they look larger. I have a couple stubborn ones.

Honored Contributor

You may want to give Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial cleanser. It really has made a difference in the way my skin looks. I was using two other facial cleansers that I really liked but they both left a film in the sink. Neutorgena's PRF cleanser really cleans the skin. They may also have other products for the pores. I don't have acne but on one side of my face, I had some clogged pores which have cleared up. Good luck.

kindness is strength