Regular Contributor

I originally had a Fitbit Force and got a rash from it. They actually sent out an email on that one. I did get send my Force back and got a refund. Bought the Flex about four months ago and now having the same issue. A rash in the shape of the tracker on top of my wrist and a rash on the bottom of my wrist where the band links.

I really liked the product for tracking steps. Any suggestions for another brand that would be worn on the wrist? I already ruled out the Nike one. Looked into it before I bought the Flex. Thanks. So frustrating.

Super Contributor
Have you looked at the Jawbone UP24? Or the Misfit Shine?
Regular Contributor

No. But I will. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Go to www.cnet.com for detailed comparison shopping. There are SOOO many fitness trackers these days! I've attached a quick link, as well.

C-NET fitness tracker comparison

Regular Contributor

Thanks sidsmom. Interesting C-Net ranked the Jawbone UP as excellent but I read through the reviews and they were not good. I am leaning toward the Misfit Shine.

Respected Contributor

Watches and the like cause my eczema to break out because they hold moisture against the skin. Try loosening it, if you can, or you may have to not wear one that has a band like that. I've tried silicon watches and can't wear them either because of the width causing breakouts. I prefer a very slim band, but find I still react to the metal, stainless steel, and get stained skin from it. No a days, I don't ear a watch or bracelet. I'm allergic to the soap at work, so my eczema only clears when I take time off. I bring my own soap, but I'm not always in that restroom to use it when I wash. This is life.

Occasional Contributor
I have the jawbone up 24 and absolutely love it.
Super Contributor

I have a fitbit flex that I got a QVC and it was beginning to irritate my skin - I wear the large band and I wear it loose and now I have no issue. I think the problem for me was that the band was holding moisture in contact with the skin for long periods. I also make sure to actually pick up the band, move it and rub the skin if I feel the band start to kind of stick to my wrist. These steps worked for me but everyone is different. it stinks to have to lose money and buy another brand.

Honored Contributor

look into the one that you can either wear on your waistband or bra,

The One

Respected Contributor
I wear the fitbit zip clipped to my bra. No issues with it.