Frequent Contributor

Has anyone tried both PTR retinol Fusion PM and Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid & Retinol Brightening solution? If so which do you prefer and why? I received Dr. Gross' years ago as a gift, and the results were great but I never repurchased due to the cost. I recently received a sample of PTR retinol, and I'm liking it so far, but haven't had it long enough to know if the results will be better. There is a Dr. Gross TSV next week that I am considering purchasing, but I'm on the fence bc I can't decide which retinol?

I'm 30 years old and my biggest skin issues are hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Respected Contributor

Re: PTR or Dr. Gross Retinol?

Honestly, I like both, but I think I had less break-outs with Dr Gross. I really love most of the products of his I've tried, especially the peel pads and the retinol! HTH!! (Btw, I'm 32)
Esteemed Contributor

I used PTR for several years (mostly kits from here with his UnWrinkle line) but last year but a Gross TSV and love it. Very gentle but effective. It has a serum, an eye serum and the peel pads. Good stuff. I think you might want to try.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Yes- I actually just received the TSV. The price of the peel pads alone makes this a great deal and then plus the serum and moisturizer. And all vegan products too...
Trusted Contributor

On 8/13/2014 untitled said: Yes- I actually just received the TSV. The price of the peel pads alone makes this a great deal and then plus the serum and moisturizer. And all vegan products too...

Untitled,

Could you tell us what is in the TSV? I use the pads nightly and love them. Might consider the TSV if the price is better than what I find on Ebay.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Dr. Gross is cruelty-free whereas PTR is NOT, if that matters to you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Shaunac- it is on August 19 and is a 3 piece kit that includes 45 pads the ferulic- retinol solution and the ferulic retinol moisturizer for 129.00 plus s/h. Oh and three easy pays and if AD then only a one time shipping fee. Sorry trying to post this from my iphone.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/13/2014 untitled said: Shaunac- it is on August 19 and is a 3 piece kit that includes 45 pads the ferulic- retinol solution and the ferulic retinol moisturizer for 129.00 plus s/h. Oh and three easy pays and if AD then only a one time shipping fee. Sorry trying to post this from my iphone.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

I use both together. 1st the PTR Retinol 1.5% PM on clean skin, and then the Dr. Gross Ferulic Retinol Brightening on top of that. I have the kit with the pads, plus the eye serum. I started slow, and now use both together every night.

I wish that PTR would do a kit with just the Pads and the PM. I don't use the other products in his kit. Last time I purchased, I just bought the 1oz. bottle of the PM.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

Dr. Gross pads, hands down!