Trusted Contributor

False Eyelash question for those that wear them....

I've looked at some on You Tube, some that were listed here in another thread, but I still have a question.

Most girls or women...put on black eyeliner before applying the false lashes. Do you prefer a liquid eyeliner with a brush, or felt tip, or pencil, or gel pot ?

What works best for you and why ?

Thanks so much !!

deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Regular Contributor

Re: False Eyelash question for those that wear them....

Ive worn lashes everyday since 1968. I always use liquid liner after I applied the lashes .It will cover the glue if you used too much.and correct your mistakes if your liner is to small. What I mean is the width maybe too narrow and you need to add more liner....I have used gel liner before I put lashes on but always go back and use liquid liner on top of gel...I will tell you what my eye doctor told me the small amount of glue you use on the lashes is far better for your eyes than all the junk they use in mascara and keep adding more all the time to make lashes even thicker..I will use the least amount of mascara to darken my lashes but that is all..You will never have the beautiful look of lashes with mascara as you will with false lashes.....have fun!!!!!

Super Contributor

I still can not get the hang of putting these on. They would be so fun on nights out. I have a pair of MAC lashes that the make up artist applied, awhile back and they're just sitting on my dresser looking sad!{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Maybe I'll try again this weekend.

Contributor

I do gel liner (pot) prior to applying the lashes. If something looks funky, I go back with the liquid liner
Trusted Contributor

Ok thanks, I have everything ready to use that I need.....My liquid eyeliner is black/brown color, may have to get a plain black after practice ?

Hopefully it will be dark enough.

I can't wait to practice tomorrow....I have my 5 pairs of lashes. 2 #53's, 2 #110's, and one pair of demi whispies.

The oil-free makeup remover, tweezers, Q tips, glue, scissors, mascara and cur

pattiewaddle, thx for telling me what your Dr. said about the glue and mascara !!

If all goes well I will be shopping for more soon...thanks {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Super Contributor

Have you ever tried the dark glue?

Also look at the most recent video of LisalisaD1 on Youtube...might be helpful!

Super Contributor

EmilyNoel has a great tutorial on false eyelashes. Check it out!

Good luck!!