Honored Contributor

Discussion and share: eye creams, serums

Hi, beauty ladies!

My "mission" this summer has been to (hopefully) find a replacement for my fav discontinued eye cream, which was really a light gel-cream that could be used all around the eye, including the lid area.

Here is what I have found so far:

EL... Night Repair... can't live without it... my skin is loving it and so is my neck/decolete

EL... Eye Repair... seems to do a really nice job of de-puffing; stings if it gets into the eye, so won't be using above eyes before make-up

Dr. Gross Ferulic + Retinol... noticable improvment of puffs and fine lines; no allergic or sensitivity for me (thank you to the poster who helped me find this)

I have Burts Bees Luminizing eye cream with Royal Jelly somewhere in the packed suitcase, which needs to be unpacked. Then I can give this cream a fair chance. I did use it one time and did not notice any changes or improvements.

To also add: at this time in my life, I am finally understanding the need for moisture in skincare! In the past, I despised creams and potions feeling that they were unnecessary. Now, as I mentioned, my skin is drinking this stuff in and liking larger amounts of these.

This discussion is being posted hoping that others will add their results from any products.... it will be fun and fruitful... please add any beauty secrets you have found!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Re: Discussion and share: eye creams, serums

I have three eye products I alternate/combine. SSC Reverse Lift Eye Cream which has a really nice texture and actually feels like it is doing something, Elysee Youthspan MicroFirm Eye Cream which is very creamy and works with your telomeres that is supposed to be cutting edge anti aging technology, and Isomers Katina Blend Eye Formula which is more like a serum and is supposed to be an all in one product for taking care of numerous eye area problems. They all feel good and I hope if I keep using them they will work or at least prevent new wrinkles from forming.

Super Contributor

I use ASDM Eye Serum, Eye Cream and Lifting Serum. The eye cream does not irritate my eyes at all even on the lids.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your replies.

The first time I saw a noticeable improvement was a few months ago. (with old cream) I looked in a mirror in the classroom close up! Since I had forgotten to apply the cream for a couple of nights, I was a bit astounded at the lines and puffs around my lids! So now hoping to see improvement in how my eye m/u looks after using these new products.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Other than keeping hydration around my eyes and on neck, also any treatment things (vit. C/AHAs/retinol), I am re-thinking what kind of moisture I need.

Frankly, I'm at a loss! My skin seems so perfect now, but I don't know if I'm creating a lazy skin or not. I only moisturize during the day.

And you are just discovering moisturization! Well, definitely around eyes! I'm positive that's why I have such a taut eye area now.

...wanted to add...when you don't use anything, I think visible results are inevitable, and that's why so many Bs & As look the way they do.

Is that EL Night Repair a serum that you use?

Honored Contributor

I use in the AM

1.Tatcha Cleanser

2.Serious Skin Care C Cream

3. Algenist Restructuring Serum

4.Neo Strata Bionic Eye Cream

5. Skinn's Hi Lighten Roller Ball Serum

PM

1. Tatcha Cleansing Oil

2.Skinn's Stem Regen Serum for Face

3. Skinn's Sten Regen for Eyes

4. Tatcha Brightening Serum

5. Skinn's Collagenisis cream-My skin is loving this combination.....

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread, lovestoteach. I need help with eye products, too, and was considering starting a new discussion, but maybe you saved me the trouble.

My issue is that I am highly milia-prone, yet I still need hydration (I'm 54). I had heard from a couple of different dermatologists that an eye product with retinol is best for avoiding milia, so I've used a Neutrogena eye cream with retinol (don't remember the name) in the past and I'm currently using Roc Retinol Correxion (sic).

I also use a little Retin-A on the undereye area every other night (I skip it if I'm dry or flaky).

Anyway, Roc is a decent product but I would love to find something with a little more oomph that doesn't cause milia.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor

Lovestoreach, thanks for the update. I'm the one who found the Dr. Agross retinol eye serum. I hadn't tried it, but the ingredients looked good. So glad to hear you like it!

Frequent Contributor

Hi lovestoteach! I use NCN Vitamin C, NCN Multi Peptide Matrixyl Serum, and ASDM Eye Lifting Serum in the morning. Also, I use ASDM sunscreen which I love. I just discovered ASDM and have been really impressed with their products. At night, I use Retin A and ASDM Lifting Cream over that.

I hear you about the need to now moisturize. At 58, I am finally starting to add moisturizers/creams to my regimen. My skin likes it!

Frequent Contributor

Lovetoteach,

Is the Dr. Gross's Ferulic + Retinol the eye formula? If so, do you use it on your lids? I am looking for a product for my upper eye lids. I am beginning to get little lines at the inner corner's.

Thanks,