Trusted Contributor

what are pink and white and UV gel manicures?

Are they different? Can someone explain in detail? Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Re: what are pink and white and UV gel manicures?

Pink and white is a form of a french manicure, and UV gel is a polish that is cured with UV lights

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Also, because gel polish is baked on/cured with the UV light, the manicure or pedicure lasts longer because the polish holds up longer. Gel Polish is not removed with traditional polish remover, but is filed off the nails. My mother uses gel polish for her pedicures because regular polish takes forever to dry on her, and she always smudged the polish before we could get home. Her gel pedicure costs $20 more than my pedicure, but lasts twice as long, and the color does not fade.
Trusted Contributor

ok, so only the pink and white is a french manicure? uv gel is not where they put long white tips on the fingernails which then looks like a french manicure? thanks ladies.

Valued Contributor

On 8/6/2014 newjersey said:

ok, so only the pink and white is a french manicure? uv gel is not where they put long white tips on the fingernails which then looks like a french manicure? thanks ladies.

Yes, pink and white means french manicure

UV gel is just the type of nail polish, not to be confused with "gel nails". "Gel nails" are the white tips or alternative to acrylics.

Trusted Contributor

thank u ladies!

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 RedTop said: Also, because gel polish is baked on/cured with the UV light, the manicure or pedicure lasts longer because the polish holds up longer. Gel Polish is not removed with traditional polish remover, but is filed off the nails. My mother uses gel polish for her pedicures because regular polish takes forever to dry on her, and she always smudged the polish before we could get home. Her gel pedicure costs $20 more than my pedicure, but lasts twice as long, and the color does not fade.

Mine's never been filed off. Just a bit of deliberate chipping, so the acetone can get under the gel layer, and then a soak in acetone for 5 minutes.