Trusted Contributor

Oh how I miss Josie Maran's old formula for her cleansing face oil.

I used to love Josie Maran's cleansing oil. Then I ran out and bought a new bottle and the formula had changed. It was like spreading honey on my face. I threw out the box immediately because it was a replacement product, so now I'm stuck with it.

I'm out of state visiting family and I took my old travel size bottle of cleansing oil and it is SO nice. It just made me miss the old version all the more. I hope one day she'll go back to the old formula. I refuse to purchase the honey consistency one again.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Regular Contributor

Re: Oh how I miss Josie Maran's old formula for her cleansing face oil.

I find it irritating to my skin. Never got to try the original formula. It is too thick & my skin can't tolerate the fragrance.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Honored Contributor

Eew, I couldn't imagine, spreading anything like that on my face. I wonder why she would think of this as an improvement?

Honored Contributor

Hm I tried her original one when it first came out and didn't like it -irritating, drying, left a weird taste in my mouth oddly and could not use it on my eyes. I remember it being thick-ish. I tried her Model Citizen version one several months ago and liked that one better but it was super thick like you mention and although it was nicer than the original, I just didn't like how thick it was. Like honey, just like you said. It still left a funky taste in my mouth but it was not drying or irritating like her original. You didn't get the model citizen one by chance, did you?

Frequent Contributor

She is changing lots of her formulas. I am really missing her original sunscreen. It was my all time favorite.

Honored Contributor

I bought the oil in the original release and mine was exactly as you and HappyDaze have described. I hated it and wouldn't recommend it. DHC's cleansing oil is better (though it also tastes terrible if you get it in your mouth!) and I like the Tatcha oil. Right now I prefer cleansing balms because they aren't as messy.

Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 cosdependent said:

She is changing lots of her formulas. I am really missing her original sunscreen. It was my all time favorite.

I am on advance order for her new SPF 47, now I'm worried I won't like it like I did her original tinted moist?

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Sandgirl said:

I am on advance order for her new SPF 47, now I'm worried I won't like it like I did her original tinted moist?

Hmmm... the SPF 47 moisturizer isn't a replacement for the original tinted moisturizer, which is still available and comes in a tube. Do you mean the Matchmaster self-adjusting tinted moisturizer that came in a bottle? QVC was the first to sell that and I had some. It probably was a hybrid of her original moisturizer with sunscreen and the Matchmaster foundation. That was discontinued a while back and there's no replacement for that one. You could try the Matchmaster Serum Foundation, but it doesn't have sunscreen.

If you have a Sephora in your area or a JC Penny with a Sephora inside, it's worth going in for a sample before buying online. The Sephora website even lets you check stock in local stores, including Sephora stores inside JC Penny stores.

Good luck - I'll keep my fingers cross that you'll like the new SPF 47!

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 8/6/2014 Sandgirl said:

Hmmm... the SPF 47 moisturizer isn't a replacement for the original tinted moisturizer, which is still available and comes in a tube. Do you mean the Matchmaster self-adjusting tinted moisturizer that came in a bottle? QVC was the first to sell that and I had some. It probably was a hybrid of her original moisturizer with sunscreen and the Matchmaster foundation. That was discontinued a while back and there's no replacement for that one. You could try the Matchmaster Serum Foundation, but it doesn't have sunscreen.

If you have a Sephora in your area or a JC Penny with a Sephora inside, it's worth going in for a sample before buying online. The Sephora website even lets you check stock in local stores, including Sephora stores inside JC Penny stores.

Good luck - I'll keep my fingers cross that you'll like the new SPF 47!

I think she is referring to the Protect and Perfect- it is in a jar like the regular SPF is but has a tint to it. It was discontinued for a bit while it was being reformulated and will be out in the upcoming TSV.

She still has the matchmaker foundation that self-adjusts and it does not have SPF in it.

Frequent Contributor

I just got the cleansing oil however this is the first cleansing oil I have ever tried so nothing to compare it to. It is very thick and I don't like the taste at all if it gets near my mouth but makes my skin look good and has not caused break outs so has worked fine for me. what do you ladies recommend for a better cleansing oil?