Super Contributor

What celebrity/famous person ....

... have you seen in a public setting?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What celebrity/famous person ....

We were alone in an elevator with Pat Sajak and a woman on his team. We just calmly said "Hello, what brings you to our city?" The woman was very pleasant but Pat Sajak never even acknowledged, looked at us, or said hello, and it was a long trip to the top of a skyscraper. Never cared for him after that.

Honored Contributor

Tim Allen! A few summers ago we were walking around the annual art fair in Charlevoix (where our cottage is) and he was there with his family. I walked right by him. I was dumbfounded that no one even reacted to him as a celebrity. I mentioned this sighting to a few locals and they said that he frequents all the goings-on up near Traverse City where he has a home. Everyone just treated him like everyone else. I'm sure that's what he loves about upper MI! Among about 1,000 other things! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Mark Cuban. He currently works out @ the same fitness club I belong to.

Dennis Rodman & Steve Harvey have made appearances back in the day.

Respected Contributor

Too many to name, really. We lived in a small Connecticut town for years, where many celebs lived, and were treated (and behaved) like any other resident. So we saw many of them very often. Also organized a lot of conventions where we had celeb guests. Of all of them, my favorites were Barry Goldwater (politician) and Sammy Davis, Jr. (absolutely the best entertainer). The nicest would have been Paul Newman & Joann Woodward. They were the friendliest, most pleasant people anywhere! Alan Alda and his sweet wife did so many things with the schools, that they were often out & about. Nice people. So many more. It was almost an adventure to go to the grocery. I loved it there for so many reasons!

I don't want to forget George H.W. Bush, Barbara Bush, and George W. Bush. My grandchildren are very proud to have photos with all of them. They are delightful people.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago when I went to college near Madison Ave, I Dustin Hoffman, then one day I saw Parker Stevenson who was in the Hardy Boys Mysteries at the time with his then wife Kerstie Allie

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I got to meet Barry Manilow in person but years ago we were walking around New York City and we saw B. B. King getting into a car.

Respected Contributor

A long long time ago, I sat next to "Dandy" Don Meredith (the football player and sports announcer) on a flight from Ca to NY. Best flight ever. He was funny, personable and an absolute gentleman.

A funny story about another celebrity that my kids and grandsons love to hear. It was back in the 80s and I had to fly in to Salt Lake City. I literally ran into the wrestler Randy Savage, and bounced off him. The man was a giant (I'm only 5'2") and he stepped in front of me as I was heading for the luggage carousel. He grabbed hold of my arm to keep me from falling and apologized all over himself for not seeing me!

Respected Contributor

Morena Baccarin (Homeland,V) in front of me in line at Costco...She was beautiful and pleasant. Tyne Daley at Southpark Mall. Rod Stewart at Southpark mall.

Trusted Contributor

Any former Chicagoan always comes back for a game at Wrigley Field. I have previously seen John Cusak, Vince Vaughn, Jeff Garland, Jim Belushi at a Cubs game, and probably a few others I can't remember now. Although obviously not from Chicago, I have seen Mel Gibson, Robert Redford, and Larry King & his family at a Cubs game. Most celebs in town during the summer will get to Wrigley Field. Add Eddie Vedder to that list also.