Super Contributor

Question for ladies who use Principal Secret

What is your favorite line from Principal Secret and why?

* Advanced

* Reclaim

* Reclaim Botanical

Thanks for your thoughts! Which has brought the most good results for your skin?

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for ladies who use Principal Secret

I'd like to know if she carries a good, penetrating moisturizer.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I've not tried the newest version of Principal Secret. I think what she attempted to do with that line is to offer [more] plant derived chemical exfoliation, which I don't need or want.

I use Reclaim cleanser (yes, also with the buffing beads). I wonder if she's going to alter this somehow? At the moment, I don't know if it's the synthetic beads or not, though she did make a big deal about them being perfectly spherical.

Also love her Reclaim eye serum & cream.

When I did use her moisturizers, it was all-day hydration, which was nice. Presently, I do not rely on them anymore. I actually think they were too much for my skin. I am perfectly balanced now with all-day hydration with my own version of moisturizer.

I'm not sure how my experience can help you decide something of hers. I'm in the vitamin C & AHAs for day/retinol for night camp. I only moisturize/protect during the day. Only use her cleanser/s at night. But use the eye serum & cream both day & night.

Super Contributor

Hi Harpa! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just ordered the regular Reclaim to give it a try. I used her Advanced line years ago. Tried so many different lines but think I prefer PS over everything else. Want to give her Reclaim a shot. Wondering if it is just as good if not better than her Advanced line. I'll let you know how it works out. I was also hoping she had a Primer. Does anyone know if she does? I haven't rec'd my catalog yet of her products. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Poppet1 said:

Hi Harpa! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just ordered the regular Reclaim to give it a try. I used her Advanced line years ago. Tried so many different lines but think I prefer PS over everything else. Want to give her Reclaim a shot. Wondering if it is just as good if not better than her Advanced line. I'll let you know how it works out. I was also hoping she had a Primer. Does anyone know if she does? I haven't rec'd my catalog yet of her products. Thanks.

Hi, Poppet! In going through her catalog, there are no products advertised as primers.

She has different serums, though...Hydrating Complex Emergency Rescue (I do like this, although, I've switched over to just a hylauronic acid serum), Age Braker Line Breaker Serum in Reclaim (I tried this already....) and then in the Advanced line, she has the Skin Refining Serum for redness & enlarged pores. (I guess I used that too at one point, but I don't have or never had those issues...)

Regular Contributor

Poppet,

I found that VP's Continuous Lift works great as a primer. Although it's no longer available, I loved her Reclaim Foundation but found that it did not hold up well when using a typical primer (BE, at that time). The CL was great with her foundation and I find it works well with other foundations I've used since. That's just my experience.

Honored Contributor

I've used her Advanced Cleanser for over 20 years. I think it's a terrific product. I just got a new shipment of it and held on to the catalog so I could take a look at the Reclaim Botanical products.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Occasional Contributor

I love her advanced product line and reclaim also is pretty good, effective and gentle on skin. I have not try the newest line.
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone! Appreciate your imput! Can't wait to get this! Has VP made a recent infomercial? Can't remember the last time I've seen one on tv.

Super Contributor

Does she still sell her tinted moisturizer? Sorry, haven't rec'd my catalog yet to see what products she offers. Thanks!