Honored Contributor

How often do you all use your Emjoi?

I have been using mine about 2 to 3 times a week but my neighbor said she uses hers every day. My feet are not all that calloused.

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you all use your Emjoi?

Ii have started using mine every other day,usually in the winter I use it about twice a week, but with sandal season for me anyway more is better!!!!!

Super Contributor

True - got busy - didn't do it for a few weeks and I was right back to dinosaur heels.

I also did a tip I read online - use cuticle remover on your heels and it was a complete fail. What it did was make the callus crack all over the place and it looked terrible.

Thankfully a few days of diligent emjoy and I look more normal.

I have to get the black rollers.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a set schedule. At least a couple times a week. I don't like to wait until it visibly needs it. More often means less work & keeps my feet looking great.

Trusted Contributor

I just got mine a couple days ago. For now I'm doing it every day until I don't see any more dead skin. Then I'll start a maintenance schedule, cutting back gradually.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with everyone....if I wait a week or two between uses, it's more work to get them looking good again. I usually try to do 3 days in a row and then body butter for a few days straight....then repeat process. I find that if I use body butter on my feet for the first and second days of emjoi use, I can't get anything removed with the emjoi the next day. I like to try to get all the dead junk off before moisturizing. BTW...I've found the black rollers on amazon...a 6 pack for $20...I think they are an off brand though, but I've found that so far they hold up for me as well as the emjoi brand rollers and they really get the dead stuff off quickly.
Honored Contributor

I am like you. Two to three times a week. LOVE IT! I caved when they offered 2 easy pays and purchased the soft lavender before they came out with all the bright colors which I don't like at all. I think the pastel colors are more feminine and pretty.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I need to be a little more diligent, but usually about 3x a week. The black rollers are FAB!
Respected Contributor

The Emjoi alone doesn't cut it for me. While you can see very small fine top layers of skin being removed- IMO it's not an adequate tool- not by a long shot. I think those $10 shaving eggs work every bit as good, if not better. There's a wonderful file- but unfortunately can only be purchased from the UK and it's not cheap. I use that first to really tackle the job. I use the file a few times a week.

To polish it off I can use the Emjoi, but even with the strongest roller I'm only getting light surface polishing. For me the key after a good home pedi is to slather on the cream or balm and keep my feet moisturized as much as possible. If I'm home I keep a heavy lotion on my feet.. and always at night covered with a pair of white cotton socks which I hate. During summer months, or even in winter I don't like the feeling of wearing even light-weight socks when sleeping. I get too hot as it is. Another tip I got from this forum was to not go barefoot- rather wear flip flops around the house.

Hence my strongest weapons for smooth foot maintenance don't include the Emjoi at all -only to the extent of a light heel polisher. I'd be lost without my file and balm/cream.

I just did my feet this morning and they look great.

Respected Contributor

Use exfoliating pads - like Alpha Hydroxy on your heels.. another tip for those like me who have a harder job at keeping feet in shape. Good foot scrubs in the shower help too.