Frequent Contributor

What is the best acne cleanser for a teenage boy?

Super Contributor

I would head over to Paula's Choice and check out the Clear line - they have a 2 week size trial kit of 3 products for $13 dollars right now. (there is a sale right now so you are saving a few dollars)

Her line is very good and the shipping is really quick.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/Clear-Acne-Treatments/

• <h2 style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px 0px 2px; border: 0px; font-family: ProximaNova-SemiBold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: normal; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-transform: uppercase;"> SIMPLY CLEAR SKIN</h2>
Super Contributor

PS I am getting this for my own son and I use her products

Valued Contributor

Same recommendations as previous poster. Paula's works well IMO. Plus their CS is exceptional and you have a guarantee.

Valued Contributor

My son is a bit older (25) but still gets some acne on his back. I just ordered him a kit of Proactive's new Xout Body Line because it is simple, a soap and a cream, since he doesn't like to get involved with a lot of products. He never knows what to try and counts on me as his skincare guru to come up with suggestions!

Super Contributor

I agree with those that suggested Paula's Choice.

Honored Contributor

You can pick this up in the drugstore -- my suggestions would be Burt's Bees or Neutrogena. Both would be reasonably priced and do a very good job.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Drug store items didn't really do much to help my son's skin - that is why I am getting him the PC - we tried neutrogena and some others and it wasn't effective.

In fact I have a bunch of stuff in my bathroom right now that he doesn't use because it didn't work.

The first acne kit I got from the drugstore was $23 so I think the PC price is pretty good. And with this line you will probably see results in 2 weeks. After my son sees results he will just use it.

If it is cheaper but it doesn't work then really that is $$ wasted.

Frequent Contributor

I have a teenaged son who suffers with acne too. I took him to the dermatologist for topical ointments, but I purchased a facial cleanser for him online. It's called Topix, and I bought mine at dermstore.com because the shipping was free. I believe it has benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. It was recommended by his MD.

Frequent Contributor
I've used Murad myself for about the last 5 or 6 years. I use the gel cleanser and I love it....Its my favorite acne wash. My daughter uses the acne spray by Murad for her back....it sprays upside down Smiley Happy she uses African black soap and that works well for her, but it smells weird to us, but it's more of a natural remedy from what I understand.