Trusted Contributor

I forgot my shadow primer and need a drugstore rec

I use Too Faced shadow primer and forgot it for a trip. Is there something similar at he drugstore?
*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

Re: I forgot my shadow primer and need a drugstore rec

Wet & Wild Take on the Day primer from the Fergie Collection. Only the Fergie Collection. I used to use TF shadow insurance and developed an allergy to it. I swear this is just as good. They also have a shimmer version so watch the labeling if you don't want that.
Trusted Contributor

I second the WNW Fergie Take On The Day primer.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I've used NYX chubby pencil in the color "milk" I think....it's white...as a shadow base and it works really well. I learned that trick from youtube videos. Also, from youtube (I've never tried though), people like to use the shadow tattoos...maybeline brand maybe...as a base and have good luck with those.
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know WNW had a primer in their Fergie line.....I need to check that out!!
Valued Contributor

On 8/1/2014 MaggieOla said: I didn't know WNW had a primer in their Fergie line.....I need to check that out!!
I subscribe to Nathalie K on YouTube. She did an in depth test on drug store primers and she compared them to her Urban Decay Primer Potion. W&W and Jane did the best and held up to the PP. Jane is kind of hard to find and I didn't try it myself so I could not recommend it but it's supposed to be good too. Check out her video. She's awesome and does tons of comparison videos of drug store bronzer, highlighter, primers - and she has them all!
New Contributor

I agree the NYX is great!!! use it all the time and so much less than when I was using Trisg McEvoy...love a bargain!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you! I will check out the WNW.
*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cardamom....I'm heading over to youtube now Smiley Happy Edited : that was one of the best comparison review videos I've ever seen. I subscribed Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Nyx has a great primer and I think they have a chubby pencil now too - target or CVS is where I would go if you have one nearby