Frequent Contributor

Ordered the Philosophy cream that was the Today's Special Value a week ago., the s/h was $9.46 and the tax was $15.40!!!! This is unreal and I'm sending this back! The total order was $180+! The original price was $150+. The reviews are very good and I've always wanted to try this, but Good Grief!!!!!

Super Contributor

I've been curious..is the tax different by state? I know it's worked out to be 6.75% for me here in NC on things I order from Q. So for me, that kit would have been $170.22 after S+H and tax.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, the tax charged is what your state tax is - mine is almost 10%. And, yes, I just ordered an item for $199 that had free S/H, but the tax was atrocious! You can get away from S/H charges, but unfortunately you can't get away from tax charges. Although, now that I think about it... there's a company that I order jewelry from and they never charge tax. You can bet I'm not complaining about that!!

Trusted Contributor

...And can I just say -

WHAT A RIPOFF!!!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, speaking of taxes, this weekend is 'Tax Free Weekend' in my neck of the woods. How great is that - they do it every year right before school starts. I may go to Kohls and see about picking up some Bobby Flay dishes.

Super Contributor
On 8/1/2014 Shogirl said:

Yes, the tax charged is what your state tax is - mine is almost 10%. And, yes, I just ordered an item for $199 that had free S/H, but the tax was atrocious! You can get away from S/H charges, but unfortunately you can't get away from tax charges. Although, now that I think about it... there's a company that I order jewelry from and they never charge tax. You can bet I'm not complaining about that!!

I think that if the vendor has any kind of warehouse or anything in your own state, they have to do tax? I think since I live in NC and QVC has a warehouse in our state that is why I pay tax? But for Amazon (which doesn't have anything here in NC) I am never charged tax.

Super Contributor

Oh, speaking of taxes, this weekend is 'Tax Free Weekend' in my neck of the woods. How great is that - they do it every year right before school starts. I may go to Kohls and see about picking up some Bobby Flay dishes.

This is the first year in FOREVER that NC hasn't had tax free weekend. On the news they were saying how you could go to VA if you were wanting to take advantage.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/1/2014 MandySays said:

This is the first year in FOREVER that NC hasn't had tax free weekend. On the news they were saying how you could go to VA if you were wanting to take advantage.

Well, shoot, what's the point if you have to drive so far and pay for gas to get tax free? That's too bad, MandySays!

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine how many more things the shopping networks would sell if they lowered

the Shipping Charges on everything, all the time?!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Didn't you see the price of the S&H and tax before you hit ""submit"" on your order?