Respected Contributor

What teeth whitening pen have you tried?

Did you get the results you were looking for? Any sensitivity?
Super Contributor

Re: What teeth whitening pen have you tried?

I'm a dental hygienist and had the opportunity to try almost every whitening pen known to womankind...Almost every one.

I'm really not a fan of any of them. As soon as the bleaching substance dries on your teeth your saliva washes it away, as that's what it's supposed to do. I'm more in favor of the Crest whitening strips. Seal to your teeth and don't wash away

Honored Contributor

I have tried many, and didn't see any visible results. I agree with F1wild. Get the Crest whitening strips. They work.

Valued Contributor

I've tried the Smileactives ones sold here on the Q. Yes, it was easy to use and, No, I didn't have much sensitivity to the product. However, I didn't see the results that they tout.

My teeth are generally pretty white naturally. However, I wanted to see if I could spruce things up a bit and the pens did nothing for me.

Honored Contributor

I tried the pens - went back to Crest Whitening Strips. Pens are more convenient but doesn't work.
Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, Suzanne Somers came up with the teeth whitening sticks - like a pen. I tried them and had good results. After they ran out, I haven't used any other products as I have a bright set of teeth and don't feel that I need more help.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

I also want to mention, from a professional standpoint - if you are in the process of bleaching with any method, DO NOT drink or eat anything that could stain. I always tell patients that dif it would stain a white t-shirt, it can stain your teeth, just until your teeth are clinically rehydrated. So, hold off on the coffee, tea, dark soda, red wine, mustard, etc.

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 F1wild said:

I also want to mention, from a professional standpoint - if you are in the process of bleaching with any method, DO NOT drink or eat anything that could stain. I always tell patients that dif it would stain a white t-shirt, it can stain your teeth, just until your teeth are clinically rehydrated. So, hold off on the coffee, tea, dark soda, red wine, mustard, etc.

How long does it take for teeth to rehydrate? And did the Crest whitening strips make your gums sensitive?