Regular Contributor

new to this forum and looking for advice

Hi everyone!

Brand new to this forum and looking for help. I am currently using IT celebration foundation and/or Tarte foundation. My 47yr old face has decided to be very oily now. Is there a good somewhat matte foundation or a powder like BE mineral veil or IT bye bye pores that you can recommend? I have both of those but not really doing what I need it to.

Also, is there a way to make a regular mascara become waterproof? I have heard people say that you can layer with various things to achieve that.

What do you beauties think? Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Re: new to this forum and looking for advice

I like Rimmel powder in stay Matte

Honored Contributor

Hello!

Anastasia Beverly Hills has a top coat you can apply over any mascara to make it waterproof. It is called Anastasia Lash Genius waterproof topcoat.

Contributor

Due to overwhelming positive reviews from people I respect, I tried Estee Lauder Double Wear. It was matt but too dry for me. I don't have oily skin. But, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light works great for me! Both of these foundations have staying power.

Super Contributor

I've heard good things about Bare Minerals Locked and Loaded to make regular mascara waterproof.

http://www.bareescentuals.com/Locked-Coated-Waterproof-Lash-Topcoat/US64418,en_US,pd.html

Honored Contributor

Welcome. You'll get good advice from people who know a lot about just about everything. I'm not one of them. I just bla bla about everything and make no sense.

Occasional Contributor

Hourglass immaculate foundation!

Respected Contributor

Hi and welcome! Clarins Everlasting foundation is matte and I love it. You may want to check out Too Faced's new cocoa foundation. It matte if you buff it on with a sponge. It's too sheer for me if I use a brush. If it was slightly lighter, it would be my go to foundation. Prefer Clarins over the Too Faced, well, at this moment anyway. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 HappyDaze said:

Hello!

Anastasia Beverly Hills has a top coat you can apply over any mascara to make it waterproof. It is called Anastasia Lash Genius waterproof topcoat.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat

I did not know this! Thanks, HD, and thanks OP for asking.
Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 HappyDaze said:

Hello!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat

Hi, welcome to the boards!! I love this stuff!! I don't care what mascara I use because this always makes my lashes look longer and thicker.