Valued Contributor

Herbal Essence Conditioning Cleanser

O M G, LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!! I was using a Pantene CC. Picked up the HE for grins n' giggles. I'm head over heels in love! 5-7 pumps and a price tag of around 5ish, it's a win win for me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Herbal Essence Conditioning Cleanser

Squeeze, that is so awesome! How does it compare to Pantene?

They are made by the same company and they make great products!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

I did like the Herbal Essence then it started drying out my hair. I switched to Deva Curl however would like to try another drug store cleansing conditioner to save money

Super Contributor

I used Herbal Essences in high school and loved the scent! Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my hair. I've been a WEN girl for over 4 years, now, but really dislike the smell of most of their CCs (exception being the seasonals).

I would love to be able to use HE again, but suspect that their CC wouldn't compare to WEN. Squeeze - have you used WEN, and if so - can you compare the two?

Valued Contributor

I "was" a WEN girl and yes, I think WEN is a great product for many, many people!!! I just couldn't justify the expense any more and I was noticing the hair falling out. I have fine hair and couldn't afford to lose anything more than normal. I've been using the HE for a month and for me, it's just as good as WEN. My hair is clean, bouncy and holds the color better. I do not like any other HE products so it's a bit odd this works as well as it does but I'm swearing by it!!!

Honored Contributor

Did you try the one in the white or pink bottle? I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry so I threw it in the trash. I bought Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo from Sally Beauty that I'm liking so far.

Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 squeezebox said:

I "was" a WEN girl and yes, I think WEN is a great product for many, many people!!! I just couldn't justify the expense any more and I was noticing the hair falling out. I have fine hair and couldn't afford to lose anything more than normal. I've been using the HE for a month and for me, it's just as good as WEN. My hair is clean, bouncy and holds the color better. I do not like any other HE products so it's a bit odd this works as well as it does but I'm swearing by it!!!

It sounds like we have the exact opposite hair types, lol! My thick, coarse hair gets horribly dry and damaged when I've tried other CCs in the past. But I'm willing to give the HE a shot, for old times' sake. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Nightowlz said:

Did you try the one in the white or pink bottle? I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry so I threw it in the trash. I bought Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo from Sally Beauty that I'm liking so far.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Night, you bought Shea Moisture from Sallys or a beauty supply? It's a discontinued product; I can't see Sallys selling it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Nightowlz said:

Same here with the HE. It dried my hair out terribly. Wish it hadn't! I loved the dark green HE when I was a teenager. Think I can still imagine the scent.
Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I used Herbal Essences in high school and loved the scent! Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my hair. I've been a WEN girl for over 4 years, now, but really dislike the smell of most of their CCs (exception being the seasonals).

I would love to be able to use HE again, but suspect that their CC wouldn't compare to WEN. Squeeze - have you used WEN, and if so - can you compare the two?

I think HE works better than WEN. It rinses out easier. It's better than Pantene cc. What is even more awesome is the Vidal Sassoon cleansing conditioner. That is so amazingly the best. I love my lather so I do not use it often.