Super Contributor

Drugstore shampoo and conditoner that puts a shine on hair ?

I want my hair to have more shine, but not greasy. Anything in drugstore brand out there ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Drugstore shampoo and conditoner that puts a shine on hair ?

When I go to bed at night a put argon oil on my face and whatever is left on ,my hands I rub through my hair. In the AM I shower and wash my hair with Pert shampoo which has light conditioner in it. My hair is pure white and very shiny.

Esteemed Contributor

Pantene Ice Shine

VO-5 Salon Smooth and Sleek

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I like Loreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner. They are sulphate free, lightweight and add shine to my hair.

Also why don't you try coconut oil? Its a natural product that adds shine to hair. You only need a very small amount (about a tea spoon), apply overnight and avoid the roots.

Good luck!

Super Contributor

Suave Argan Oil Shine shampoo and conditioner (in the gold bottles)...really fantastic and a great price.

Honored Contributor

Do a final rinse with apple cider vinegar (I've used 50/50 ACV & water). You can leave it on a few minutes before rinsing. It adds a nice shine.

Valued Contributor

Tresseme smooth and silky ,7x smoother ,shampoo and tresseme smooth andsilky 7x smootherconditioner .

Trusted Contributor

On 7/31/2014 peace6576 said:

Suave Argan Oil Shine shampoo and conditioner (in the gold bottles)...really fantastic and a great price.

They also have sulfate free and natural.

Trusted Contributor

I use Garnier Fructuse Sleek n Shine. Have tried other shampoo/conditioners but always come to this. Makes my short white hair shiney; doesn't yellow. Inexpensive - there are always sales and coupons - even better!!!! Always use their foam mousse.

Super Contributor

My Swedish grandmother taught me to always do a super cold final rinse to close the hair cubicles. I've always done this, and now paired with WEN, always have shiny hair....of course this is the grandmother that cheated at card games, too. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}