Frequent Contributor

I received my order today. Some of his items are manufactured in PRC and some are manufactured in ROC. I know PRC is People Republic of China. What does ROC stand for(Republic of China)? Why can't they just say made in China. I wish he would also manufacture his color line in the USA. I don't like buying cosmetics from China. Thanks

Contributor

According to wikipedia: Although the name China is used by both the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (ROC), the label "Made in China" is generally affixed to products made in the former. Products made in the ROC do not use the "Made in China" label. Rather, they usually use "Made in Taiwan", "Made in ROC" or "Made in Taiwan, ROC.

Trusted Contributor

The product descriptions list where the cosmetics are made, so you won't need to be surprised when you receive them. Sorry you are disappointed.

Super Contributor
What good is it to complain in a chat board of a company that does not carry that line? Call Skinn, or Facebook them, or write Skinn a letter.
Frequent Contributor

NC1Customer: Thank you for the explanation.

Karena: Here the description from SHQ:

Skinn Cosmetics Four-Piece Big Bright Eyes Mascara, Eye Color, Liner & Treatment Set

SET INCLUDES:
Bright Eyes Eye Enhancing Eyeliner - 0.01 oz
Bright Eyes - 0.12 oz
Wake Up! Big Bright Eyes Palette - 0.23 oz
Wow Factor - Intense Effects Mascara - 0.3 oz

WHO IT IS FOR:
Get the look of big, bright eyes from Skinn.

BENEFITS:
Bright Eyes Eye Enhancing Eyeliner:

• Do you want to know a secret that Hollywood makeup artists have known for years?
  • With age, the whites of eyes loose their bright white color.
  • Bright Eyes Eye Enhancing Eyeliner will make eyes appear bigger and brighter.
  • This hollywood secret isn't a secret anymore! Open your eyes and see the star in you!

Bright Eyes:

• This super hydrating eye brightener utilizes the latest technology in color pigments to virtually erase the look of fatigue and dark circles around the eye area without the weight and feel of heavy concealers.
  • The light texture appears completely natural while covering dark circles and imperfections while hydrating the skin for a smooth, un-lined look.
  • Special incandescent pigments give eyes a bigger and brighter look, even on the dullest of days.

Wake Up! Big Bright Eyes Palette:

• Wake up! Big Bright Eyes is a pro-tool designed to give your eyes their brightest and widest look, no matter what!
  • The delicate brow wax helps to shape and fill in your eyebrows with a universally flattering shade.
  • The eyeshadows were custom chosen with a soft sheen that strategically enhances the contours of your eyes without looking overly made-up.
  • Get an instant perked up look, no coffee necessary!

Wow Factor - Intense Effects Mascara:

• Let your lashes make an impact!
  • This Intense Effects mascara amps up those thin, sparse lashes with a super boost for the fullest, darkest, longest lashes you've ever seen.
  • Our exclusive stretchable formulation, derived from soft olive wax, lengthens the look of the lashes while plumping up the appearance of volume.
  • Our unique Pro-Wand features a double-sided brush head, making it easier than ever before to apply mascara to both your top and bottom lashes.
  • One side combs and separates while the other applies just the right amount per coat.
  • Go ahead and bat those lashes, let them see your Wow Factor!

HOW TO USE:
Bright Eyes Eye Enhancing Eyeliner:
Apply to the tear line or across the lash line of your upper lid.

Bright Eyes:
Apply daily in a patting motion to the eyelid and under-eye area until desired brightness and coverage is achieved.

Wake Up! Big Bright Eyes Palette:
Using a light hand, fill in eyebrows using the angled brush and follow the way your brows naturally grow. Apply the light pink shadow over entire lid, the mauve to the crease to contour, and the cocoa as a liner or for added contour. Finish look with your favorite Skinn mascara.

Wow Factor - Intense Effects Mascara:
For best results, hold wand with longer bristles against top lashes and sweep from root to tip. Reverse wand and sweep on to bottom lashes for an even more wowing effect. Repeat until desired look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats.

Made in the USA.

Does this mean the whole kit is made in the USA?

Frequent Contributor
On 7/31/2014 gazelle77 said: What good is it to complain in a chat board of a company that does not carry that line? Call Skinn, or Facebook them, or write Skinn a letter.

Gazelle77 Thanks for your advice {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} However, if it bother you so much that I post my topic to this board, why did you waste your time writing a reply?

Respected Contributor
Hmmm, OP. That does seem a bit off. If I had read that before ordering I would have also believed it all to be made in USA.
Trusted Contributor

Hi my2britts - My apologies. That is very misleading!!

Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Karena said:

Classy poster Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
On 7/31/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/31/2014 Karena said:

Classy poster Smiley Happy

Bella Carro: I totally agree. Not many people apologizes any more.