Frequent Contributor

Have you tried Jouer Cosmetics line and what do you think?

This line is on Hautelook tomorrow and I am curious if anyone has tried and if it is worth looking into.

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you tried Jouer Cosmetics line and what do you think?

I have the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint that I really like -- it's like a BB cream with a nice, soft finish. Took it to Puerto Rico and it didn't melt off my face. I purchased mine at Amazon for $38 with Prime shipping, which is the same price at Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

I have tried several of their products and overall I like them, just overpriced imho. I like their new cream mousse eyeshadows but I doubt they will be on Hautelook since they are so new. I like their lip enhancer but it is just a really nice gloss, doesn't really enhance anything (although I have pretty full lips so not sure what I'd see) and not really worth the full price. Same with their lipglosses- nice but not worth their full price. I will definitely be checking out their hautelook sale though as there are a few other things I want to try. Thanks for letting us know!

Valued Contributor

On 7/31/2014 HappyDaze said:

I have tried several of their products and overall I like them, just a overprices imho. I like their new cream mousse eyeshadows but I doubt they will be on Hautelook since they are so new. I like their lip enhancer but it is just a really nice gloss, doesn't really enhance anything (although I have pretty full lips so not sure what I'd see) and not really worth the full price. Same with their lipglosses- nice but not worth their full price. I will definitely be checking out their hautelook sale though as there are a few other things I want to try. Thanks for letting us know!

So, I had to immediately search for the mousse eyeshadows and only find two from Birchbox -- in Twilight and Night Sky. Which color to you have? I might try the Night Sky:

Jouer Long Wear Créme Mousse Eyeshadow

Valued Contributor

Ordered the shadow from Birchbox with code WELCOMEOFFER20 and got 20% off! And free shipping.

Honored Contributor

birchbox will have one other color soon-moonlinght for pre-order only for birchbox subscribers.

Yes, I got the night sky one. It is very pretty. I've only tried it once and still have to experiment with it- I want to see if the color is buildable.

I also want to try their cream shadow in the tubes (like Mally's shadow stick) in Baroque. It looks soooo pretty!

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Lanikins said:

Ordered the shadow from Birchbox with code WELCOMEOFFER20 and got 20% off! And free shipping.

Yes, you can usually find a 20% off code for them floating out there. Wink

Frequent Contributor

I will take the time then tomorrow to check out Hautelook. I never heard of this company until today when I saw the Hautelook preview. Thanks all for your suggestions/opinions.

Honored Contributor

I have tried their liquid eyeliner and its very nice and lasts all day as well. I would love to try some of their lippies-very pretty colors, and their luminizer gets written up in Allure and Marie Claire as one of the best!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I am interested in this brand too - they have great lip colors. Let us know what you think.