Regular Contributor

Need reviews of Ulta Benefit Brow Bar waxing--worth it?

I want to have this, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. I have meh brows. They aren't too thin or thick, and I pluck them whenever I wear makeup, which is about once a week these days. I have a couple of greys that I either pluck, tint when I color my roots or ignore. Yuck.

But I want a nice pretty arch, and it's impossible to explain that at the nail salons that do waxing because most don't speak English. The one time I chanced a Korean brow wax I ended up with super skinny brows, it looked better than when I do it but not what I wanted.

So do you guys think the Benefit brow bar treatment is worth the expense? I'm thinking it's $25 to $30, plus a tip. And I'll probably end up walking out of there with a product too (which will last forever probably). I figure if I do it once I can follow what they did with my tweezer to keep the arch.

Can I have some feedback on the value of this service? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need reviews of Ulta Benefit Brow Bar waxing--worth it?

I have not gone to my local Benefit Brow Bar---but I have heard rave reviews about them. And if my brows were in need, I would go in a heart beat. My brows are kind of wimpy since chemo treatments so I don't have much to work with. And of course, I'm sure there are BB bars that are terrible. You just have to try it. I do like Benefit cosmetics. And remember, if you don't like what you see there, you don't have to go thru with it. Just let the girls know what you want up front. I'm sure they will be a big help. Nothing like lovely brows!!!!

Honored Contributor

I was at an Ulta this past weekend in Michigan and there was a line waiting for brow waxing.

Super Contributor

I've been going to the Benefit Brow Bar at Macy's for years now. In the past, I have gotten a couple of brow waxes where I wasn't thrilled with the shaping, but, if you find someone you like, you can make an appt. with that particular esthetician. My brow wax costs $20, and I've been really happy overall. I need help with shaping more than anything else, and this takes care of that for me. It's well worth the cost for me.

Janice

Frequent Contributor

I have been pleased with this too! I asked her not to make them, "too skinny" and she did not!
Super Contributor

It's $20 at an ulta. I went last week for the first time. I have terrible brows they're very corse and have no shape. Usually I end up with more of a tapered brow than an arch. The lady at ulta did such a great job. I have an arch it looks so nice and I am beyond thrilled with the results. I went in without having my brows waxed in 6 months or more. She offered to fill them in with pencil if I wanted (I didn't) and concealer to hide the redness. I was very pleased with the whole experience and will be going back
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much! I'll probably go tomorrow
Respected Contributor

I've had great experiences with them. The lady who used to do mine at the salon moved away. New lady made them too thin. brow bar made them look natural. Great experience!
Contributor

it's $20 plus tip for brows at Ulta...I get mine threaded at the salon I go to for $11 plus tip, and it's faster and no red "just been waxed" brow.

Honored Contributor

I had this done at Ulta. They did a good job with the waxing, but made up my brows with too much dark color afterwards. Not much harm there...I just wiped it off once I got home. The shaping part of the process was good.