Regular Contributor

Question about Brows and Dipbrow by Anastasia

Girls, I need your advice! I am pretty good with makeup, but my brows are not good. I have been watching various tutorials on Youtube on how to apply them. Several of the ladies in the videos use a product called Dipbrow by Anastasia of Beverly Hills. It looked very intriguing! Have any of you used this product, and what is your opinion? I have several brown-toned gel eyeliners and tried them (as a substitute) and they seemed to work well. You only need a tiny bit, and a good, thin, brow brush. I just got an eyebrow brush from Sigma Brushes -- very fine & thin & I really like it.

At this point, I am using a combination of pencil (YBF or It cosmetics) and brow powder to soften the line. I would love to have any input . . . .thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Brows and Dipbrow by Anastasia

I would have loved Dip Brow but there's not a good red shade for me. This is similar to a product Tarte and MAC sold, and if you can get a good color match then I think you will be happy. Very easy to sketch in your brows, and then brush them through with a spooly.

Honored Contributor

I love Dipbrow - and I've tried everything! My brows are blonde, but not ashy, more golden. It's hard to find a color that works. Clinique came close, but didn't stay long. I used to have a Sonia Kashuk palette from Target that had three colors, and I mixed two. I like the formulas of a lot of the brow products here at QVC, but the color is wrong, usually too dark.

Dipbrow in Blonde works for me. DD talked me into it. I was using too much at first, so I had to get the routine down. I actually apply it with an angled liner brush, and that works well. And best of all - it stays on!

I'm very pleased! Smile

Valued Contributor

I've had good results using Anastasia Brow Pen and followed it by a brow powder dipped in a bit of wax to adhere.

Regular Contributor

I have it and like it. I also really like her Brow Wiz retractable pencil. I find that when I use the Dipbrow, it works best to put a little in the cap and thin it out with your brush before applying. I was getting too much product before I started using the cap and it looked too dark and heavy. A little goes a long way with this product.

Frequent Contributor

Have the Dipbrow in the blonde shade . I used small,slim beveled eyebrow brush and dab off excess in cap. Mind you, I have NO eyebrows at present due to chemo.

I use inexpensive brow stencils as a guide.Didn't think I'd like stencils but they are a good guide. The Dipbrow stays on pretty good as well so you need to dab any excess off quickly before it sets.

Valued Contributor

I have never tried the Dipbrow, but I need to check it out. I have used many different brow products over the years and I find that lately I've been gravitating to my YBF pencil. I just brush on short strokes in the same direction as the rest of my brow hair.

I remember someone I went to a few years ago to wax/shape my brows said to me, "Remember: Your brows are sisters, but not twins". And for some reason that line has stuck with me. Trying to make my brows "perfect" or to get them to match each other tends to make them look unnatural.

That's all the brow wisdom I got tonight, ladies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Reading this thread to get more and recs for more products, too. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/30/2014 glmama said:

I have never tried the Dipbrow, but I need to check it out. I have used many different brow products over the years and I find that lately I've been gravitating to my YBF pencil. I just brush on short strokes in the same direction as the rest of my brow hair.

I remember someone I went to a few years ago to wax/shape my brows said to me, "Remember: Your brows are sisters, but not twins". And for some reason that line has stuck with me. Trying to make my brows "perfect" or to get them to match each other tends to make them look unnatural.

That's all the brow wisdom I got tonight, ladies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Reading this thread to get more and recs for more products, too. Smiley Happy

OMG! Thank you for saying this!! My brows aren't sisters, they're not even related! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I watch tutorials and had my brows done at the Benefit Brow Bar only to wind up looking like Groucho Marx! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's taken me awhile to groom, trim and shape them myself but at least they now look like they have the same parents.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 glmama said:

Holly Mordini, the former Smashbox rep, used to say this too! It always made me feel better too! Smile

Super Contributor

I don't use that product but I use Dalton brow fix, I never liked the brush it comes with, but I do love the Sephora Brow Brush, it's perfect for any dip in product for brows.