Frequent Contributor

I need a new foundation and i am at a loss. I used the new BM liquid Foundation and loved the coverage but it just melts off my face. I used tarte and Bobbi brown. I do need full coverage and have normal skin. Any suggestions would be great.

Valued Contributor

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear light, there is also a DW in full coverage. Love it, perfect for our hot, humid southern weat her, here in VA. In the winter I mix in a little moisturizer. I but when they have a gift with purchase.

Honored Contributor

Do you use a primer? That might help your foundation stay put. If you don't want a separate primer, BB and CC creams usually have a primer built right in. I really like IT's CC+ Cream. If you want to give Korean makeup a try, Missha's Perfect Cover is nice if you can find a good shade match.

Valued Contributor
On 7/30/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Do you use a primer? That might help your foundation stay put. If you don't want a separate primer, BB and CC creams usually have a primer built right in. I really like IT's CC+ Cream. If you want to give Korean makeup a try, Missha's Perfect Cover is nice if you can find a good shade match.

I did not think of that, a primer may allow you to work with the foundations that you have. I use an EL primer as I have large pores. Works great.

Super Contributor

Personally, I don't care for primers. I feel I get better coverage applying the foundation right on top of my skin (after SPF, of course).

I'm loving Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation right now. I have oily skin so I need to set it with powder but a coworker uses it w/o powder b/c she has normal/dry skin. We both love it. It lasts all day long in the FL summer and hasn't caused any breakouts for me - of course I'm also meticulous with my skincare so I get every last vestige of cosmetics off my face before I crawl into bed at night.

It's about $12 at Walmart and you can often get deals at the drugstores - watch their sale papers. Coupons are often in the Sunday papers, too. (Btw, I've tried the DW foundation listed above and I find this is every bit as good. Just my opinion!)

Good luck!

Valued Contributor

(Btw, I've tried the DW foundation listed above and I find this is every bit as good. Just my opinion!)

Good to know, I will have to try this. How do you find the shade comparision, I use 3 in the summer month and 2 in the winter. Thanks for the info.

Frequent Contributor

I do wear primer but I wonder if that is what keeps the foundation slick on my face. I will look into Estee Lauder and the Revlon. I also heard positive reviews for a Loreal foundation. I like having a drug store brand to look into.

Respected Contributor

For a drugstore love L'Oreal Lumi but I recently bought Eve Pearl HD Duo sold here at the Q and it is wonderful. It definitely has coverage. It can go from sheer to full coverage and feels like nothing on your face. It also has lasting power. There are two shades which are used on different parts of the face and then blended together.

Valued Contributor

I am still loving Perricone No Foundation Serum -- put it right on dry skin (nothing underneath). Really lasts all day with great coverage and undetectable finish.

Super Contributor

Revlon Colorstay is often compared to Estee Lauder double wear. Many have switched after trying it. It looks nice on and stays all day. It comes in liquid and cream.

Missha M Perfect Cover is real nice too. Great all in one. If you are very fair Lumene CC cream is very nice, in the light.