Frequent Contributor

Anyone else over the nude and neutral craze ?

I'm very fair with yellow undertones and have natural ( LOL! ) blonde hair and I need some color or I look like I could be working at Disney,s Haunted Mansion as one of the ghosts. I used to use grey and dark brown eyeshadow in my younger days and I have started using these colors again. I still like neutrals and won't throw away what I have , I've been known to be a little fickle ! Nude lipstick shades are also a definite no no for me. Anyone else feeling this way ?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone else over the nude and neutral craze ?

If your wearing a nude lip, you might want to then wear a more dramatic eye to avoid the haunted masion look(: But across the board I like a rosey lip color. I do like the silvery smokey plum eyeshadows! But it's always good to have basics too.
Trusted Contributor

i don't want to look like I have concealer on my lips Smiley Sad

and I look awful in brown eyeshadow.

Super Contributor

I so agree with you!! I have blonde hair, blue eyes, light complexion. I have migrated over to the rosy-gold family.

Honored Contributor

Well, I was until I receive my order from Laura Mercier. I bought from the Sheer Lipstick collection the "Nude Lips." I am fair/light and I cannot wear all nudes but this one I can. I wanted a nude with I want a no make up look. This nude is NOT a pink nude but a neutral. I do however love colored lipstick as it brings out the color of your eyes when you wear it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have pink undertones and love a nude lip and nude shadow (and nude platforms!). You may not feel you look good in them, but I do!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks , ladies , for your input ! I love to try new colors , so I probably will go back to neutrals at some point.
Esteemed Contributor

I am a brunette with brown eyes & have ALWAYS worn a nude or neutral gloss, never any color. So, no I am not over it. I'm glad to have so many beautiful choices. My number one is Sugar Bomb by Benefit.

Trusted Contributor

I have always liked color on my face and coordinate my makeup (blush, eyes, lips) to what I am wearing. The only time I wear the nudes/neutrals is when I am wearing my beige and brown tone clothes.

Honored Contributor

I've always loved colors and neutrals. I mix it up. I am not a trend follow- I just wear what I am in the mood for. I do really like a more subdued lip but it has to have some color to it, either a pink or mauve is what I prefer, but usually pretty subtle. I don't look good in too dark or too red of colors as they will definitely make me look MORE washed out, like a haunted mansion ghost! Smile