Super Contributor

At-home microdermabrasion devices??? Opinions?

I'm looking at the Microdermabrasion360 on HSN. (I'm surprised there are no other threads about the 360...unless they've been poofed!) I know Q sells the PMD. The 360 looks like a really nice set with lots of extras. It also looks like (from the presentations) that it doesn't leave the skin as red as the PMD presentations I've seen. I've never tried an at-home device nor have I ever had a professional treatment...only at-home topical treatments.

Please give your opinions on any devices you've tried or what you think of the one on HSN.

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: At-home microdermabrasion devices??? Opinions?

She used to be on ShopHQ. Looks like she revamped "her" unit. I purchased one quite a few years ago I believe it's the PMD that they sell on the Q. I haven't used it in awhile but when I saw this I have to pull it out again. I have normal skin and at times I found it to dry my skin. I need to add this to my arsenal again. I was surprised at the high price , I think I only paid $99 back then but this one also has body attachments which interested me.
Valued Contributor

I have both the PMD and the 360. I like them both, but the 360 has the best suction I paid more and didn't get the extra tip, but I love it! Your skin feels amazing after you use it! It's a great investment.
Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 lianne said: I have both the PMD and the 360. I like them both, but the 360 has the best suction I paid more and didn't get the extra tip, but I love it! Your skin feels amazing after you use it! It's a great investment.

Since you have both....did I see correctly that the 360 doesn't make your skin quite as red? It just seemed that way to me...maybe not?? I know the PMD says to only use once a week...I haven't found anything about the usage amount for the 360. Can you enlighten me?

Valued Contributor

I use it at least twice a week, but I used the PMD the same amount. I use the red tips on the PMD, I started with the blue and greens first. You have to gradually increase the strength as you go. My skin is very used to it now, with the 360 you start on the low speed first. I now use the second speed.
Respected Contributor

This always piques my interest when it comes on. Just can't see how it is better that chemical (lactic, glycolic, etc.) exfoliation. IMO, I worry about getting too crazy with it and harming my skin.
Super Contributor

I was asking about this the last time PMD was on the Q.

Like everything it seems, some people loved it, others said it was too harsh. As always, just have to try for ourselves.

Nice that lianne can has both and can compare for us.

Valued Contributor

I used to pay to get dermabrasion, the PMD and the 360 do just as good a job. When you go to a spa, they are very conservative and you need to go a lot. When I do my own, I can adjust to my skins needs and tolerance. To me, the 360 suction is more like the professional machine, and it gets all the dead stuff off your hands and legs. If you use it and stay with it, it's worth getting. If you are going to use it once, don't bother.
Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

A258691
This one exfoliates and pulls the sebum out of your pores.
Le Mieux 4-in-1 Ultrasonic Anti-Aging Skin Perfecter
"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."