Contributor

Need recommendations for a lightweight body sunscreen

Hi everyone...any help is appreciated!

I like to wear sunscreen daily but I can't find a good one for my arms, back of hands, and chest. Everything I try is thick and makes my skin feel suffocated. I guess I'm looking for something more along the lines of a body lotion feel.

I know they make some nice lightweight sunscreens for the face, but I don't want to spend a ton of $$ for my arms and back of hands, etc. (especially since I have to reapply the sunscreen on the back of my hands frequently).

Hopefully someone has some good ideas...thanks!! Cool

Regular Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for a lightweight body sunscreen

Neutrogena spray sunscreen is pretty good. It's pretty lightweight.

Super Contributor

I use Banana Boat, for everything other that face.
Valued Contributor

CeraVE recently came out with a few body sunscreens. Don't know how great the reviews are on these products, though. I used to use Eucerin SPF 15 on a daily basis, until it was discontinued. Also, I really, really want to find a good physical sunscreen for the body since I only use physical on my face. So other than the CeraVe, I don't know. But I'm chiming in with those AND to keep up with this thread and get more recommendations myself. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

My DH likes Lubriderm lotion with either SPF 15 or 30 in it. It is much lighter than sunscreen you rub in. Personally i prefer tyhe kind you spray on.

The OP should be aware that wearing a chemical sunscreen all day , every day can be very dangerous to your health. The chemicals can be absorbed in through the skin and have been proven to be carcinogens. Personally, i only wear sunscreen when I'm going to be out in the sun such as at the pool or beach , and then as soon as I can I shower it off.

Respected Contributor

My favorite sunscreen is a line of clothing called "Sun Precaution" by Solumbra....no messy creams or chemicals-total Sun block. There are pieces you can wear to the beach or in the pool not to mention hiking and biking. They even make clothing for every dynamic use. When I look at the prices of Sun screen, investing in protective clothing makes sense. It's lightweight and cool, and you can't sweat it off.

Poodlepet

Super Contributor

If there is a trader joes near you they have several - there is a citrus lotion SPF 30 and they have a 50 SPF spray too.

Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I really love Alaffia everyday coconut daily face lotion. It is 16 oz for only about $10 and has 10% zinc. It doesn't have much of a scent (doesn't really smell like coconut). It says face lotion but it is perfect for body more like a light body lotion. Not like a typical super thick sunscreen.

Contributor

Thank you....some good products to check out!

I like the sprays, but the ones I have used are kind of messy and for some reason make me shiny!

I used to use that Eucerin one too...wonder why they got rid of it. Then I had a Vaseline with SPF but that's gone too :-(

I will check out Trader Joe's (may have to buy some wine and cheese while I'm there too!)

Contributor

On 7/29/2014 happy housewife said:

My DH likes Lubriderm lotion with either SPF 15 or 30 in it. It is much lighter than sunscreen you rub in. Personally i prefer tyhe kind you spray on.

The OP should be aware that wearing a chemical sunscreen all day , every day can be very dangerous to your health. The chemicals can be absorbed in through the skin and have been proven to be carcinogens. Personally, i only wear sunscreen when I'm going to be out in the sun such as at the pool or beach , and then as soon as I can I shower it off.

I really have to wear a sunscreen everyday. I exercise outdoors. Plus, I live in So Cal and get sun pretty much all year long. Even just walking to the grocery store from the parking lot can cause me to get red. {#emotions_dlg.sad}