Valued Contributor

Help for vertical lines around lips

Is there anything (other than just a good all-round moisturizer) that helps diminish the appearance of these? I didn't even notice these a year ago, and now they are becoming quite prominent I'm sure in addition to getting older, mine have not been helped by my smoking when I was in my early to mid 20s. Thank you ladies for any suggestions you might have. By the way, I am currently using Kate Sommerville age arrest eye cream, and that seems to be maybe helping a bit...or maybe it is just wishful thinking. At any rate, I don't think it helping so much that I will be shelling out another $90.00 when it is gone.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help for vertical lines around lips

I use Skin lip stem rejen and the lip 6X serum - it doesn't work overnight, but it's the best I have found in my search and it does work. Even my mother started using it. It's good stuff!

Respected Contributor

Someone should tell actress Bebe Neuwirth about that product: she appeared on last Friday BlueBlood episode as the Inspector General and her upper lip creases were so bad that was all I could look at. With the makeup staff that they have, you'd think they come up with a fix. She will also be on another series which had a film clip teaser / ad during the show. ( She also played Frazier's former wife on Cheers years ago. )
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I really like Dr. Jeanette Graf's retinol cream for around the lips. It has softened my lines quite a bit. It is sold thru HSN.

Honored Contributor

Most of the time, eye creams can be used on those lines around the lips, but you don't have to pay $90! I've been using Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream (eye area only) with really good results,and it's not expensive at all (eBay or Amazon). If I needed to address lines around my lips, I'd sure give it a try.

Frequent Contributor

I use Peter Thomas Roth unwrinkle lip...works amazing for me.

Honored Contributor

I use Line Eraser by acure organics. Make sure you keep the area hydrated to prevent future lines. This minimizes the look of lines. You use very little and gently rub in.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I read on a dermatologist's site (skintour.com) that this are is one of the most difficult to treat -- even with lasers, fillers, etc., so it's good you're addressing it now.

I think you've gotten some good suggestions here -- and you may need a combo like the retinol AND the Stem Rejen. I have the Stem Rejen but my lines and wrinkles are so far advanced there's nothing topically or OTC that can really make a difference, but it's a good product nonetheless.

Honored Contributor

I've been using SKINN Lip Stem Rejen & as far as I can tell it does nothing at all. I am almost done with my first 1.2 oz container of it. Not at all sure I will buy again.

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 willdob3 said:

I've been using SKINN Lip Stem Rejen & as far as I can tell it does nothing at all. I am almost done with my first 1.2 oz container of it. Not at all sure I will buy again.

I haven't seen any real results, either, but my lips are nicer (less shrunken). I have another tube of it but we'll see if I reorder after that. As I said, I think my situation is too far gone to expect noticeable improvement from anything other than professional treatment.