Super Contributor

So I just pulled the trigger and purchased this after reading such rave reviews:

http://www.qvc.com/TATCHA-Luminous-Deep-Hydration-Firming-Serum-Auto-Delivery.product.A256863.html

It is currently on 3 easy-pays (through July 31) so that helped me justify the expense. I'm 36 and know it's time for me to get more serious about my skincare.

After going through this forum, I decided against purchasing the Tatcha rice enzyme powder and cleansing oil duo and got myself knock-offs via Amazon that JeanLouiseFinch recommended.

I"ll be sure to report back after I've been using this combo for a while. This'll be my first experience with a serum at all.

Can anyone else here tell me their experience with the Tatcha serum?

Honored Contributor

I'll be interested to hear what you find. I've been tempted by it, but even on EP, that price was a deal-breaker.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried the serum or really looked for any kind of dupe (yet). But, as an FYI, there's red algae in the FDL Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder. I hope you enjoy the dupes. :-)

Super Contributor

I'll let you know how everything works out for me.

JLF, what moisturizer do you currently use for daytime? I'm wondering if I'll need something to put on top of the serum after it's absorbed.

Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 MandySays said:

JLF, what moisturizer do you currently use for daytime? I'm wondering if I'll need something to put on top of the serum after it's absorbed.

After watching a youtube video a month of so ago, called My Skincare Journey, by someone who calls herself volmel55, I decided to give up daily moisturizers. I felt I was maybe getting too much moisture at times with them. Between using cleansing oil, a moisturizing toner, a Vitamin C serum that has hyaluronic acid in it, and either a BB or CC cream every day which has moisturizers built in, I was thinking that was enough. It's worked OK so far, but I still wonder if it was the right decision for long term healthy skin. That said, I recently started using just a little bit of Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream as the last step in my actual skincare. It provides light moisturization so it seem to be a happy medium for now. I've only been using it a very short time, so I'm still in the wait and see stage, but I do like it so far.

Regular Contributor

Actually the reviews I've seen on the oil cleanser and the polishing cream tell me they didn't read the instructions. I love the cleanser. It removes all make up with dragging on my skin and it feels so soft. I did just buy the serum based on the amount of moisture the algae picked up during the demonstration. Once I went off estrogen my skin has truly changed all over my body.

Super Contributor
On 7/29/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

<br /> JLF, what moisturizer do you currently use for daytime? I'm wondering if I'll need something to put on top of the serum after it's absorbed.

After watching a youtube video a month of so ago, called My Skincare Journey, by someone who calls herself volmel55, I decided to give up daily moisturizers. I felt I was maybe getting too much moisture at times with them. Between using cleansing oil, a moisturizing toner, a Vitamin C serum that has hyaluronic acid in it, and either a BB or CC cream every day which has moisturizers built in, I was thinking that was enough. It's worked OK so far, but I still wonder if it was the right decision for long term healthy skin. That said, I recently started using just a little bit of Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream as the last step in my actual skincare. It provides light moisturization so it seem to be a happy medium for now. I've only been using it a very short time, so I'm still in the wait and see stage, but I do like it so far.

You know, years ago, Clinique didn't recommend moisturizer just across the board. I just about fainted when I heard that, but I did what they said and my skin was fine. I was on the razor's edge between normal and oily.

Most importantly, your skin will know if you need to re-introduce it into your routine, IMO. I've really begun paying attention to my skin and going with my sense of what it needs at any particular time, rather than just following a regimen prescribed by any skin care company.

Super Contributor

My thing is that I have sensitive, combination skin that gets crazy oily later in the day no matter what kind of moisturizer I have used. I have even tried oils (like JM) using the thinking that your skin will sense the oil and therefore not make as much., but I still have crazy oil production. But if I don't put something on my face right after the shower my face like hurts from being tight and I'm not using anything harmful on my face in the shower. I have used Purity Made Simple and currently am using Cetphil. Luckily breakouts are rare for me.

It would just be nice to not have to deal with oily skin around 2pm daily haha.

I have to keep blotting papers on hand.

We shall see how this serum changes things..if it does.

Super Contributor

My thing is that I have sensitive, combination skin that gets crazy oily later in the day no matter what kind of moisturizer I have used. I have even tried oils (like JM) using the thinking that your skin will sense the oil and therefore not make as much., but I still have crazy oil production. But if I don't put something on my face right after the shower my face like hurts from being tight and I'm not using anything harmful on my face in the shower. I have used Purity Made Simple and currently am using Cetphil. Luckily breakouts are rare for me.

It would just be nice to not have to deal with oily skin around 2pm daily haha.

I have to keep blotting papers on hand.

We shall see how this serum changes things..if it does.

Tatcha's blotting papers are iconic -- or, at least highly regarded. For 2Smiley Tonguem :-)

Check out Skindinavia -- they have a spray on oil blotting primer (and I THINK an oil absorbing spray on makeup finishing spray) that Wayne Goss -- and others -- rave about.

Finally, have you tried Skinn's Orchid Gel? That might help, too -- or at least help you look better when the flooding begins.

Good luck!

Super Contributor

Thanks Maren..will look into those things. Keep seeing Skinn pop up all over so must be something good going on with that line.