Frequent Contributor

Anyone tried Whish Body Butters?

If so, what is your favorite flavor/scent? I'm interested in trying it. I usually like fresh, clean scents for lotions. I'm not a fan of fruity scents.

TIA!

Teesa

Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Whish Body Butters?

I ordered the Jumbo Orange Cream from the Nordstrom sale. That's my favorite, it smells just like an orange creamsicle, so, it is sweet. The Pomegranate is my next favorite, cleaner and less sweet than the orange. I didn't like the Lavender, it's kind of powdery to me, not a clean fresh Lavender and the Coconut was a little too musky for me.

The Pomegranate might be the one to try, it is the "cleanest" in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

Super Contributor

what other butter would you compare them to, quality wise? Korres, Josie, Body shop?? thank you

Contributor

On 7/29/2014 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

what other butter would you compare them to, quality wise? Korres, Josie, Body shop?? thank you

Korres, which I do use is pretty greasy compared to Whish, I'll still use that up for feet I think. Never tried Josie. It's not as strong scented but more moisturizing than Body Shop, VS & B&BW. It's similar to Bliss but not as thick. A little goes a long way and doesn't end up greasy, takes a minute to absorb. Honestly, it's my new favorite, I ordered two of the jumbo size if that helps.

I was able to get a four piece Whish sampler with the last Nordstrom beauty bonus and it had all the scents in deluxe sizes so I could test them out.

It's still at the Anniversary price at Nordstrom and they have a fabulous return policy if you don't love it.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/29/2014 bettybatwing said:

Korres, which I do use is pretty greasy compared to Whish, I'll still use that up for feet I think. Never tried Josie. It's not as strong scented but more moisturizing than Body Shop, VS & B&BW. It's similar to Bliss but not as thick. A little goes a long way and doesn't end up greasy, takes a minute to absorb. Honestly, it's my new favorite, I ordered two of the jumbo size if that helps.

I was able to get a four piece Whish sampler with the last Nordstrom beauty bonus and it had all the scents in deluxe sizes so I could test them out.

It's still at the Anniversary price at Nordstrom and they have a fabulous return policy if you don't love it.

Thank you, bettybatwing. I'm looking for something to replace the Philosophy firming emulsion and ran across the Whish Body Butter on Nordstrom's website.

Honored Contributor

I think they are not as thick as Korres but if you don't like fruity scents, then these probably wouldn't be for you, although I haven't tried the lavender, lemongrass or almond. Costco carries a two pack of the body butter for a good price (and they accept returns)- one in Pomegranate and one in either lavender or blueberry?

I like them but I like other body butters better. Whish's shave cream is nice too.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

I think they are not as thick as Korres but if you don't like fruity scents, then these probably wouldn't be for you, although I haven't tried the lavender, lemongrass or almond. Costco carries a two pack of the body butter for a good price (and they accept returns)- one in Pomegranate and one in either lavender or blueberry?

I like them but I like other body butters better. Whish's shave cream is nice too.

Woot!! Costco?! I am so going to Costco to see if they have it. Thanks, HappyDaze.

From what I read, it's more of the consistency of a thicker, richer lotion--not really a butter.

Super Contributor

thank you, helps a lot

Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Teesa said:

Thank you, bettybatwing. I'm looking for something to replace the Philosophy firming emulsion and ran across the Whish Body Butter on Nordstrom's website.

OK, I just did a side by side with the Philosophy and the Whish absorbs just a little bit better. The Philosophy is thicker though. No silicones in the Whish which Philosophy does have (not a fan of silicones). It has a pretty admirable ingredient deck and also claims 'firming' with it's algae extract.

Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Teesa said:
On 7/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

Woot!! Costco?! I am so going to Costco to see if they have it. Thanks, HappyDaze.

From what I read, it's more of the consistency of a thicker, richer lotion--not really a butter.

HappyDaze: What ones do you like better?

I agree, it is more like a lotion than a butter in consistency but does a great job of moisturizing.

I'm not a Costco member, it'd be great to smell the other scents, they sound yummy. I've only tried the four I mentioned.